Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great! I have in my house the BBK from PecisionBrakeCompany.com ,Just arrived and try to see it mounted.
It fits good in my 18" wheels, Fit perfect in the Brakets and hub.
The disk is two piece ,the center hub is aluminiun wow!!
The Caliper is so lighter!!!!
The adapter brakets ....perfect.
Great work!!
all for arround 1.800 Dollars
I am very very happy:D

I have ordered a proportioning valve to adjust the rear brake power..I think this is the best solution and is easy to put it.
Only I am thinking if I will put it into the car or into the engine van..
What do you think?

I am mounting the Kit.. now I am trying to take out the dust cover so maybe later I will have the kit mounted.

the pistures link:
http://es.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/josegpy/lst?&.dir=/Big+brake+kit&.src=ph&.view=t

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Link does not work. It says unable to access the file without the username and password. My Spanish is a little rusty, I couldn't read the details....

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
damn the brakes looks nice..
wow post some pictures when you put them on..

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Nice kit. Precision Brakes is also making my brackets for the MKIV 14 " brembo brakes to MKIII fitment. It has taken a while but I think it's worth going with them. I should get them this week!!
BTW, Josbeat, I sent you a PM.
--Ron

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oupss!! I have erased the mounted brake pictures from my camera.
but it look awesome.
I promise, tomorrow will post it mounted .
is a big big very big brake!!
maybe with 13" and four or six pots ... be nice for street and race but for full race this 14" six is awesome!!
becareful with the wheels. if you want to know if this fit in your wheels I can send you the "printable model" for 14" ,for 13" go to Precision directly.

Offcourse this people is ;) I recommend them.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
twinturbozs said:
yes please post some pics. do you recall what the 13" and 4 pot brake setup cost?
go to WWW.precisionbrakescompany.com
custom brakes.
arround 1100.00 USD

The new pics with the kit mountep in the car are at the same link.

unted.sorry for the quality and I was not space between the car and the wall.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like a month ago.... is the first big 14" for our cars they need to make the correct adapter plates to math in our cars, maybe with the exparience....
if you go to order the 14" please ask my first some things...

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Josbeat, I'm thinking of going with the same setup.
Did you have them custom machine those rotors to remove some weight with the holes, or did they just do that?
I've got it in the works to get a larger hat and use a 14" x 1.25" rotor sized correctly for the swept area of the pad, and use the alloy hat to make up the rest of the diameter.
Same deal however on the calipers, did you have to change out your master cylendar, or does the stock one work ok with that large of a caliper?
Thanks.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I'm running a Precision kit but with 13" and 4 pot calipers. I bought my kit a few months ago from them and the cost was roughly $1300 to my door.. The kit shipped about 10 days after I ordered it from them. They quoted me two weeks to ship but it went out faster. The kit for $1300 includes 13" rotors for the front and the rear, 4 pot calipers for the front and the rear, new mounting brackets, new stainless steel braided brake hoses, and your choice of wilwood compound pads. The kit they ship is a complete kit with no modification required, it's a direct bolt-on affair. I have been extremely pleased with the feel of the brakes so far, but I have not used them much because I just completed a motor swap and the car has only been on the road since last week. Precision is extremely professional and they use top notch parts. the rotors I have are 1 piece vented and are cross parts from the C4 ZR1 Corvette. This is for future reference if I have to replace them. The calipers are Wilwood 4 pots, not the dynalite series. The dynalite series calipers are a little cheaper, but I opted for the heavier 4 pots since the car is heavier. The stock brake cylinder is up to the task so far, and I have no complaints. I feel this kit for $1300 is the best upgrade I've made to the car so far because the stock brake setup always scared me personally.... I hate being able to go 170 and fear that I cannot stop it... Now the car will definitely stop itself. The rear brakes also feel more present and the car feels more stable under heavy braking. It used to feel so front biased on the brakes that the car would de-stabilize at speeds over 100. Now the car feels confident and I feel confident with the car at speeds over 100. Also, my car easily outbrakes my friend's MKIV TT who runs Hawk HP+ pads on his car with stock equipment otherwise on the brakes.

I highly recommend to anyone who is serious about their car to invest in a kit from them... It's so easy to make these cars go fast and the stock brakes feel stupid in comparison. I can take pics of the kit on my car when I get home from Christmas vacation with my folks.

- Hams.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Word, I have some clumps of rust that used to be calipers. Let us know how you like them!

·
Registered
57 Posts
anyone know if Precision can do a kit with any other caliper apart from wilwood? Might drop them a email as well.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
jt2ma71 said:
Nice kit. Precision Brakes is also making my brackets for the MKIV 14 " brembo brakes to MKIII fitment. It has taken a while but I think it's worth going with them. I should get them this week!!
BTW, Josbeat, I sent you a PM.
--Ron
You mean that with the right brackets, somebody can run the MkIV brake rotors, and possibly the calipers?
If so, what is the cost?
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts