Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this can make Sticky in FAQ?

I am trying to compile a list of all of the BBKs available and if anyone has experience with them tell us your story here.

Brake Pros - Front only Uses brembo's F40 caliper and a 332x32mm rotor

Precision Brakes Company - front 355mm x 32mm Wilwood 6 piston caliper/ 325mm x 32mm Wilwood 4 piston
rear 14" x 1.25" forged 4 piston calipers/12.81" x .86" forged/billet four piston caliper

KVR - Front only; uses AP Racing calipers. a four piston caliper on the the 315mm kit, while the 330mm kit can be had with a 4 or 6 piston caliper, and a 355mm kit with a 6 piston caliper

That is all I have right now,

There is the night pager setup, and you can adapt MKIV brakes so if anyone wants to post up some information on those

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
try SSBC, i got a nice set for my mustang from them and they just got into the sport compact market, which might cover supras.

~scott

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
BBK

^^^ BBK kit (Brembo) for MKIV using custom adapters. Rotors are 14.1". Adapters made by precision brakes. I don't think it will fit 17" wheels though.

--Ron

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
lol 15k. We need to have someone make a macro saying "Got Markup?"

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Ron were those for front and rear or just front?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I run the 4pot caliper/rotors from a MKIV supra with 17". Decent stopping power for cheap.

·
Registered
209 Posts
jt2ma71 said:
BBK

^^^ BBK kit (Brembo) for MKIV using custom adapters. Rotors are 14.1". Adapters made by precision brakes. I don't think it will fit 17" wheels though.

--Ron

Ron-

I am going with 19s. What rotors and pads are you using on those? Also, how much did you pay overall? Thanks.

-Chard

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
man, soooooo expensive the nightpager kit sounds like the cheapest and easiest to get parts for, but it's a pain to get ahold of it seems...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Twinturbozs has a good point. I've been getting jerked off by Precision for 9 months now. I installed the 4 pot 12.8" rotor rear kit over the weekend. I already had the front kit as I had purchased it from HPF last September. I haven't driven the car yet but the experience up to this point has not been good. I don't make a habit of bashing but I will not do business with Precision again. I have cars with Brembo, Rotora and Baer kits at this time. All but Precision were very well engineered and complete. All three of the other companies provided excellent customer service. I've been modding cars for over 30 yrs. and have never dealt with a more unprofesional company. To go into detail concerning all of the problems that I encountered would take far more time than I have.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Poodles said:
man, soooooo expensive the nightpager kit sounds like the cheapest and easiest to get parts for, but it's a pain to get ahold of it seems...

I believe 935motorsports sells the Replica Nightpager Kits. Do your research before purchasing them.

·
evil will always triumph
2,226 Posts
935 sells a wilwood kit with either 13in rotors and 4 pot calipers or 14in rotors and 6 pot calipers....... they are like $1200-1700 i believe....

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Chard said:
Ron-

I am going with 19s. What rotors and pads are you using on those? Also, how much did you pay overall? Thanks.

-Chard
I got the Brembo MKIV kit for cheap. So, whatever came with the kit, rotors and pads are what I'm using. I have had no problems whatsoever with them. IIRC, I paid ~300 for the custom adapters from Precision (also didn't have a problem dealing with them then) and of course the brake kit which usually sells for over 3K. But like I said I got the kit for really cheap.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
supraman741 said:
935 sells a wilwood kit with either 13in rotors and 4 pot calipers or 14in rotors and 6 pot calipers....... they are like $1200-1700 i believe....

I believe its still the Precision Kit, just being sold by 935.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Sorry guys, but 935 is sold out of the Nightpager brackets.
They don't plan on making more since it took over a year to sell the first batch.

Edit: this was not intended to be in response to the question about the other kit from 935.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts