Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few here and there but most seem to be the front only.... anyone know of a good kit and can link me? Thanks. The MKIII seems like it could use more good brake kits.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
ive seen somewhere on a site that they wanted like $4000 for front and back. badass 6 piston up front or 4 and 4 in back.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
That doesn't sound tooo bad considering most kits are 1500 + + shipping. But damn 4k on brakes is crazy. Gotta love the BBK! Tho

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
if im not mistaken there is a bracket made to fit the 4 piston z32TT brakes.... which are very good brakes and can be had cheap..... heck if theres a bracket for those we could also run skyline brakes.

any info on this?

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
cassio said:
if im not mistaken there is a bracket made to fit the 4 piston z32TT brakes.... which are very good brakes and can be had cheap..... heck if theres a bracket for those we could also run skyline brakes.

any info on this?

yea the nightpager kit from 935 Motorsports I think.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
TaSe said:
That doesn't sound tooo bad considering most kits are 1500 + + shipping. But damn 4k on brakes is crazy. Gotta love the BBK! Tho

not much crazier than 4k on a turbo kit
or 4k on a stand alone
or 4k on body work
or wheels
or
or
or..... ad nasueum.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
figgie said:
or 4k on a stand alone
or 4k on body work
or wheels
or
or
or..... ad nasueum.
You want crazy? My Supra doesnt boost anymore, sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere. Next thing you know, its down for 6 monthes and is getting a FMIC, FFIM, GT35R, and a shitload ($7000 worth) of stuff.

Mostly because of how crappy the Type S BOVs are, despite how NICE they sound

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Nightpager Kit at 935motorports is the way to go for a cheap 13" front brake kit. Uses MKIV TT rotors and z32 tt calipers. Very nice kit for cheap.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
yes i saw the 935 kit this weekend and was impressed with the quality of the brakets and the nissan calipers.. if I was to do it again I would have gone with the kit VS. the 14 inch precision brake kit i have now.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
figgie said:
or 4k on a stand alone
or 4k on body work
or wheels
or
or
or..... ad nasueum.
then again them brakes might just save you one day with a 4k turbo kit. :eek4dance

·
Registered
218 Posts
In Japan, they sell a kit that uses the LS430 front calipers for the the fronts and twin turbo surpa for the rear. both front and rear using jza80 rotors. if only i can find someone to make the adapter than i'll be good to go.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
umm guys

let me enlighten you on braking.

If you keep the rotor the same size, you could put 6 pot callipers on it won't gain you shit except perhaps maybe less brake fade. And that is a maybe.

The ONLY way to increase the performance of the brakes is to increase the torque arm. Torque arm is the distance from the center to the outer most edge. What to take a guess why BBK are more expensive? As the torque arm increases, the forces on the calliper also increase so it needs STRONGER components to survive.

Guess what that means. All those nightpager/300zx/LS430 kits won't buy you anything more than what you got currently.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
figgie said:
or 4k on a stand alone
or 4k on body work
or wheels
or
or
or..... ad nasueum.

Correct, i never said don't do it or i'm not going to do it. IT IS IN FACT CRAZY but hell i love my supra and no price is too high. Peace.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts

Ya, for the price, you cant beat the 935motorsports kit. CK, the 935 kit is probably 1/3 the price of your precision kit, but im sure you know that =p.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts