Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal.
Its late, and I had a wonderful idea.... you gotta love it when you have your own machine shop!
I need some one to give me specs and stats on a blitz, hks, or equivelent type of BOV.
Wouldn't it be great?
A wonderful kick @$$ bov for under a $100?????
In my dreams it would be way cool to find a broken or a "loaner" so that I could blue print the damn thing.
Any takers?!?!?!?

·
on vacation
3,040 Posts
That would be bad ass...if I get my way I'm going to want one in a few months...lol...some one loan this man a BOV! If I had/could get one it'd be in your hands later this week...

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not all bov's are the same... some are designed to vent back into the intake and other's to atmosphere...... looking for a piston o-ring type, not the diaphragm (sp?) type found on stock sups.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,302 Posts
get an used valve and a strong spring. and a diaphram. with two containers and bolt the diaphram in between the containers with the valve attached to the diaphram with spring on top. and presto you got a BOV! pfft!

I could make one but takes too much effort for that and theres plenty of aftermarket one, why bother?

if its for shit and giggles. then I understand. lol

·
b00st junkie
398 Posts
I'll secon the flange idea. $40 for a little peice of steel is an awful lot considering it costs almost nothing to make once you have the fitment. Seriously, if you find a way to make these cheaply, you can make some cash. My SSQV would be happy to volunteer for this, as I have not bought my flange yet. I'm a bit leery of having it serve as the test mule for your BOV though.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Flanges it is so far..... show some pics and dimentions and either steel or alum and we will go from there..... As for why I am doing this? $300-400+ is WAY too much money for a BOV and the auto parts mfgs know they are ripping your ass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.