Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal.
Its late, and I had a wonderful idea.... you gotta love it when you have your own machine shop!
I need some one to give me specs and stats on a blitz, hks, or equivelent type of BOV.
Wouldn't it be great?
A wonderful kick @$$ bov for under a $100?????
In my dreams it would be way cool to find a broken or a "loaner" so that I could blue print the damn thing.
Any takers?!?!?!?

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
That would be bad ass...if I get my way I'm going to want one in a few months...lol...some one loan this man a BOV! If I had/could get one it'd be in your hands later this week...

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
is there some model or something that you need...does blitz and HKS and such, are all they're BOV's the same? Asking some friends and posting on other forums is why.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not all bov's are the same... some are designed to vent back into the intake and other's to atmosphere...... looking for a piston o-ring type, not the diaphragm (sp?) type found on stock sups.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
I'm trying...it's posted on all the forums I frequent with links to your site...

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
ppl who haven't bought one yet...be kind and loan yours to MDC for a few days...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Screw the BOV itself. I got my HKS for $100 off eBay. Source those stupid ass $40 flanges for half the price and you'll have yourself a market.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
get an used valve and a strong spring. and a diaphram. with two containers and bolt the diaphram in between the containers with the valve attached to the diaphram with spring on top. and presto you got a BOV! pfft!

I could make one but takes too much effort for that and theres plenty of aftermarket one, why bother?

if its for shit and giggles. then I understand. lol

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
I'll secon the flange idea. $40 for a little peice of steel is an awful lot considering it costs almost nothing to make once you have the fitment. Seriously, if you find a way to make these cheaply, you can make some cash. My SSQV would be happy to volunteer for this, as I have not bought my flange yet. I'm a bit leery of having it serve as the test mule for your BOV though.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Flanges it is so far..... show some pics and dimentions and either steel or alum and we will go from there..... As for why I am doing this? $300-400+ is WAY too much money for a BOV and the auto parts mfgs know they are ripping your ass.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
btw... greasemonkey... no thanks. I wouldn't waste my time on a $40 unit, but thanks if you were being sincere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts