Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
man whore
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have TTC mod down pipe and intake no BBC or EVC yet. I did TTC mod 4 days ago and have been loving it except for a few times when I hit fuel cut off.

Then today while hitting it pretty hard in 2nd gear, I let off the gas and heard a big POP. All of the sudden my car would not idle very well and kept dying. If it idled at all it was between 200 and 500 RPM. When the clutch was in and I used the gas, I could rev the engine just fine and it seemed to build boost ok in that limited mode. But when I let the clutch out to try to drive, the engine boggedd very quickly. Luckily I was close to home and made it home slowly by reving, letting out the clutch a little getting some speed and putting the clutch in before it died. Even doing this and being very careful, it still died about 5-6 times.

Judging from the big POP i thought I'd blown a hose off, but I looked under the hood and the hoses I could get to all seem to be fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can look or what the problem may be? The turbos are both brand new, just replaced be Toyota. The car was probably building somewhere close to 16lbs. of boost.

Please help, any suggestions of who to call and talk to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance, Steve - OKC, OK
[email protected]
:eek:

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like you blew an intercoller pipe. I did the same thing and was racking my brain trying to figure it out. Consider the HKS VPC. With it, if you blow a pipe the car doesn't flip out anymore, you can just drive it under normal engine power without boost to the nearest spot to tighten the pipes. Invaluable.

Eric

·
man whore
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

IT was a intercoller pipe. I fixed it this morning and tightened all of brackets.

thanks alot i really appreciate all the responses you guys are great. I found ths site about a month ago and it has ben so helpful.

life is good

thanks speedR :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts