Discussion Starter #1
Lookign for some relaly bug race style NA cams, lots of lift and duration

sites or company names ....

THANKS

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Regrinds are good but you have to use shims. Shims tend to fly out. Your best bet at the moment is to get an intake cam and then cam gears and fine tune. I'm also going with oversized valves so that may help also.

Ryan

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that TODA RACING has the 306 duration 8.5 mm lift cams im looking for.

750 a piece but meh , what can ya do.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does a 350 chev small block with a 3359 degree cam have lag ......no
so i highly doubt a 7m wiht a 306 will

·
Big Member
570 Posts
MKIVSylver your pm box is full. i tried to reply to you. heres what i said

Thanks for the compliments. Its really easy to do but very time consuming. The results are well worth it though. Here's how to do it. Just make sure that every time you go up to the next grit that you get out all of the lines of the previous grit.

I start out with 60 grit sand paper then 80, 100, 150, 220, 400, 600, then 1000. I wetsand with the 400, 600, and 1000. After the 1000 I used Blue Magic Metal Polish which works really well. I polish it a couple times with that and it comes out pretty well. The corners are tough to get to so I probably need to get a dremel or something to get the them easier, but I think for just doing it by hand that it turned out really well.
-Ryan

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WEll that had absolutly nothing to do with my question, oh i see you were hijacking my thread, thanks.

·
all motor baby!
410 Posts
No point regrinding. You reduce the base circle diameter requiring thicker (read heavier) shims to adjust clearance. However, by going to higher lift, you markedly increase the risk of spitting shims at higher rpm, causing untold damage.

So the correct thing to do is to get a billet. If a billet is unavailable, then you need to get the lobes welded and ground back down. This will retain the base circle. With very high lift cams you will need to check that the valve springs do not bind at full lift and you will need stiffer springs such that they adequately control the valve at the higher rpm that the big cams will allow them to run at (ie prevent valve float).

Now with the 2JZ, anything over 10mm lift JUN recommend a shim under bcket arrangement.

Just noticed that you PMed me and that your question is regarding a 7M. They run a 28mm bucket (just like a 4AGE) so I suggest you research 4AGE cam profiles and valvetrain requirements. Of interest is the Toyota 1SZFE - it runs a shimless valve adjustment mechanism and their bucket diameters are 28mm as well. A friend of mine is building up a 7MGE and as soon as he gets his big cams will be going to this mechanism.

·
Registered
898 Posts
lets_go_supra said:
Does a 350 chev small block with a 3359 degree cam have lag ......no
so i highly doubt a 7m wiht a 306 will
heh no need to be a jackass, if u ever go turbo make sure you leave those cams in :D :fawk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts