Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
stop pulling me over pigs
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I found this filter as an option size for the mk3, it has the same size gasket where the filter mounts on, only its a lot wider, and I think it should flow better....here is a pic, has anybody else used one of these size ones yet? you should be able to read the model number off this pic too, its an AC Delco

:cool: :D :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
the toyota filter for na is about that size and should fit if that one does
pn 15601-44011

·
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but WIDAH eez BETTAH!!! ;) :D

come on, its like a half to three quarters of an inch wider, that's gottta flow better! am I the only one thinking this here?

P

·
0 Posts
I have a mustang oil filter on mine. Same width, but is about 30% longer. Have had it on for about a month, seems to be working fine.

·
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's weird, because this one was listed for my car in the little electronic - push-button index at the store for my car...but in the printed booklet at another store it wasnt - same brand and everything...i think it should fit fine. I felt around my stck size filter today, and it seems to have another inch of room on each side...hope it works, I bought like 6 of these filters (hehe funny story)

S

·
0 Posts
the toyota na filter that i posted the pn for is like the same size as the ac delco one you show and i think it should filter better and it should fit as when i got my na it had a filter that was for the turbo on it but not for long when i saw the difference in size:D
the ac delco one you got is probably for the na

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
TheSUPE87 said:
It's weird, because this one was listed for my car in the little electronic - push-button index at the store for my car...but in the printed booklet at another store it wasnt - same brand and everything...i think it should fit fine. I felt around my stck size filter today, and it seems to have another inch of room on each side...hope it works, I bought like 6 of these filters (hehe funny story)
I have a relocation kit which holds 2 filters for my car. Both are bigger filters than stock too! Bigger oil cooler and lines will help you as well. Will help the cars oil stay cooler with more capacity.

Duane

PS: Is that what you are trying to do? I use K&N oil filters for mine.

·
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this wont effect my dipstick mark i dont think; the oil mostly drains out of the filter since its on an angle. when I do oil changes hardly any drains out. with this new filter it might hold a bit more in there. k&N makes great filters, only they are kinda pricey. their air filters are worth it tho (1 million mile guarantee ;) ) I picked like 6 of these filters up on clearance at a store for a total of 4 bucks, compared to 30, maybe. not bad, eh? was the canadians would say ::D

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
what year and type mustangs are these filters off? Also any probs with getting the filter on or off?

·
///M3 > MKIII
2,302 Posts
MUSTANG filter.....well as far as fram goes I know its a PH8

I plan to get a relocator kit and use a cummins diesel filter!!!lol:D

Jeremy..........:boobies: make me :aroused:

·
Bipolar
663 Posts
I've heard that some guys have run rustang filters on the 7M. I'd like to hear actual feedback before I do it though. Might not be a bad idea. I know they work just fine with high volume, high pressue aftermarket pumps on those cars. I'd certainly like the extra oil capacity. I bet it's a bastard to change though, not much room as it is.

If nobody has anything to say about them I'll grab one to try on my car this coming monday.

Y

·
0 Posts
The big filter is the original one for the NA for 86.5 through 87, and the original Toyota # is 08922-02011. In 88 Toyota started using the smaller Turbo filter on the NAs as well. I guess the big would not fit the turbo, and they got tired of stocking two sizes. I use the Wix # 51068, which is sold by CarQuest as their top house brand, and is the big size: more filter area and cooling surface. The new Toyota/Lexus pre-lubed, # 90915-20004, is the small size. Most Fram/Mopar/etc catalogs only show the smaller filter, which will also fit a 1989 Dodge Caravan, amongst others.

·
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put it on today, and the car's running great....the filter was easy to get on, even tho its wider. and its Looooonger too another thing I noticed. I havent noticed any big drastic differences in oil pressure either

C

·
0 Posts
todd, since u got 6 u wanna hook me up with one ?

send me an IM sometime this week, we gotta hang out, maybe u can bring me around CCSU this week, im on vacation from school

·
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya dude drop me an email with your number again...this week is gonna be hectic until i get to talk to my advisor and get my classes registered...i always have to to everything last minute...DOH crap i just realized i have a speech to give in class tomorrow and i didnt even start on a topic!! AAAAH wtf

·
" its not a Tuuurbo"
844 Posts
upgradedsupra said:

I have a relocation kit which holds 2 filters for my car. Both are bigger filters than stock too! Bigger oil cooler and lines will help you as well. Will help the cars oil stay cooler with more capacity.

Duane

PS: Is that what you are trying to do? I use K&N oil filters for mine.

Upgraded.. where did you get the relocation kit, what brand is it and how much.. i need to relocate mine cause changing the filter in the stock location with all the f'n hoses in the way is such a bitch...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts