Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was driving my car down my street and i spooled up to 21psi and then after about 2 seconds, noticed my boost dropped off to 15 and i let out of it. I then noticed the enormous amount of white smoke in my rear view, and there was a knock. I stopped lifted the hood and saw oil toward the back of the engine. I turned around a drove home, and the knock went away. My car was pouring oil so my dad and i stripped it to the block and it wasn't the HG. My 6 piston was shot. Here's a pic.

Does any one know what could have caused this? Or what's wrong? Here's a few more pics.

And what about my turbo?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man it looks like oil starvation on #6 that or the piston got a little sideways inside the cylinder wall cause your ring just below is bent like hell. your turbo looks ok, but it looks like you have a small crack in the compressor housing but it might just be the pic. hows ur shaft play?

·
TX2K10 Beer Pong Champion
417 Posts
Umm, I'm no turbo expert but that impeller doesn't look normal to me. I'm curious as to what got sucked in and maybe landed in that cylinder.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Umm, I'm no turbo expert but that impeller doesn't look normal to me. I'm curious as to what got sucked in and maybe landed in that cylinder.

yeah i agree...id say something went in the turbo and ended up in the #6 cylinder.....that impeller is all banged up......the only other thing i could think of is detonation on #6 (leaned out) but that dosent explain the impeller

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im obviously going to need new pistons, at least, so what are the best? These were arias. Im taking the head and block to be pressure checked and boiled today.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
dunno how much farther you can go, depends on how thick your walls are there...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for trying to help and i just found out its 80 over, but what's the biggest injectors i can run with a walbro 255? I have 550s now.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
If you wanna go the extra mile, throw another walbro in there. then you can run some serious injectors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts