Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when the 1st trubo start to goes in the starts pinging boost up to 1.5bar and 2nd turbo does not go in. does anyone had this problem

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
You're on 1 turbo and running 1.5 bar? I find that very hard to believe.

2nd turbo not going in could be for several reasons. Check mkiv.com, there is a section with repair manual pages. There are scans there of the way the sequential setup works. Check the actuators, wires etc.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
What makes you think #2 isn't coming online? If you're making 1.5 bar, it's online.

bbonnici said:
when the 1st trubo start to goes in the starts pinging boost up to 1.5bar and 2nd turbo does not go in. does anyone had this problem

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
1.5 bar on straight pump gas is never a good idea. That "pinging" you're hearing is probably detonation (think of it as the sound of marbles shaking in a can).

Ryan

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for answering

yes it is boosting 1.5 on 1st turbo and 2nd does not go in because when it was ok was boosting 1.1 then 2nd goes in and boost til 1.6 than last week the car was boosting 2.1bar and i don't know why with out any modifications and remember i have a stock compressors. so i tried to lower down by the evc and i adjust it 1.45 and the car is misfiring on full throttle but if you give throttle smothly it will not misifire that much

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your gauge is for shit if it's reading that high on hair-driers!

·
2jz powered
1,632 Posts
2bar is asking for trouble. either that or something is wrong with your gauge. what exactly is making you think that your 2nd turbo is dead?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts