Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some oics of the project weve been working on in my garage lately. The car belongs to 80ssuprapower here on the forums. Its complete and running but we still have to figure out a few bugs with the haltech before we can get any #s
details of the setup are:
Trust TD07S-25G
Trust tubular manifold
50mm Wastegate - external dump
3.5" 316SS downpipe (stock catback )
2.5" piping from turbo
MR large Intercooler
3" piping from i/c
Hybrid 7m/2jz intake manifold
70mm Ford throttle body
Aeromotive A1000 AFPR
Dual Walbro GS341
-8AN from the tank to dual -6AN feed
780cc PTE Injectors
PLX Devices M-300 wideband
Fidanza f/w (~11 lbs)
Aluminum Jim Jobe driveshaft (~11 lbs)

oh.. and Haltech E6K standalone

3,796 Posts
Very nice. Get that bitch tuned and let us know how she does. :)

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
wow. very nice.

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
i think ur gonna blow that stock muff off with that much power.....................schweet car though

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stroked_7m said:
how hard was your msd to put on .

btw that looks freaking nice
MSD is easy to wire in but we are having issues with getting the car to rev past 4000 rpm. either the MSD or haltech is set up wrong so it is like hitting a rev limiter.

·
greasemonkey
3,125 Posts
ok, i notice something you may not have thought of. the 2 pcv vents on the valve covers go to your catch can, but where is the vent on the catchcan? with no ventilation of the pcv system your gonna blow seals. other then that lokks pretty good. not sure if its good to have the 2 fuel pumps touching like that, thought there needed to be a insulator between them. oh well. if they are working should be ok.

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
SDstreetracer said:
MSD is easy to wire in but we are having issues with getting the car to rev past 4000 rpm. either the MSD or haltech is set up wrong so it is like hitting a rev limiter.

did you use a crank trigger? if so, that may be the problem. My buddy has the same issue, and it ended up being an interference issue with the trigger. good luck figuring it out, and when you do, please let us know what it is! otherwise, looks nice man...but tidy up those wires ;)

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
looks nice i cant wait till you get the bugs fixed, i want to see some numbers :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. The car has been sitting in the garage for almost 2 years (fooling with it on and off) and we finally started working on it again a couple months ago. SDstreetracer did a great job with the fabrication, the 3.5" downpipe has better clearance than a hks downpipe, and the i/c pipes came out great. The wiring is still not finalized so it it is kinda messy. We spent ~30 hours working on it over the weekend to make a meet but finished it late sunday afternoon. I'll post some more pics of what this car has been through when I get some time.

BrysonK - Thanks for the valve covers, I'll put them to good use :)

QWIKSTRIKE - Thanks for posting the details of your oil cooler setup, I picked up the supercooler, thermostat, and transdapt parts, and they are awaiting install.

williamb82 - There is another vent off the side of the catch can, it is a black silicone hose so hard to see. Some silicone hose is inserted in between the fuel pumps as well to keep them apart, they don't move at all and the zip ties are for insurance. Hopefully that all works out.

Enslaved87 - It is wired into the stock cps, I was wondering if there is an interference issue with the wiring from the msd to the coils.

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Nate~I have not forgotton about you! I will see if i can copy my maps for you on my next day off.

·
Registered
345 Posts
fstoy said:
Nate~I have not forgotton about you! I will see if i can copy my maps for you on my next day off.
Thanks David, that would be great. Were you always running the MSD with the E6K? We were a little unsure about the ignition settings but played with it to find what worked.

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stroked_7m said:
im sure you know the dis-4 has a 2 step limiter in it right
Yeah, i was hoping it was that simple but Ive played with the settings and made sure the 2 step wire wasnt grounded and it still has the problem. It just wont rev past 4000 rpm.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Both of those supra are looking hot as hell, more photos of them together please, I love the old school wheels and low stance, and with that much power on tap, damn...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts