Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone pondering about a big single upgrade or the PHR fuel upgrade.
I've got the whole install covered on my site, including detailed pictures, texts whatever to prevent you from having to find out everything.
It's at http://www.supras.nl in the modifications section.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Very nice. BTW, you should have used the factory grommets on the injectors. Put the grommet in the intake manifold boss, then put the little hat-shaped spacer in the grommet, then the injector in the spacer, then the rail on the other end of the injector. The mounting bosses should be sized such that when everything is tightened down, the grommets are compressed and the injector is sunk fully into the rail and everything is secure. I'm not sure how well the sealant you used will work, but if it doesn't hold you'll get an air/fuel leak under boost. If you carefully watch cars on the dyno that don't have the grommet, you'll usually see a very fine air/fuel mist coming out around the spacer when the car is under boost. The extent of the leak will depend upon how tightly the spacer fits into the intake manifold, but it'll leak. There are LOTS of cars out there with this mistake.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts