Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
haha yes, it's supposed to be like that. One of the many reasons to replace it for a better elbow or integrated downpipe...

I suspect it is there to make it easier to get that lower nut off. That said, I wish Toyota put that kind of thought into the more mundane (for example -- oil filter)

·
Invert.
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I tried a search but didn't get anything. Now I understand why people buy just elbows sometimes. My neighbor who's a pro exhaust maker said it wouldn't be a big deal but was upset about the final bend in my cooleeze dp. He also said he'd make me exhaust from the headers to where a catback starts for $8,000. Either he's super good or super expensive.

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
Travisimo said:
He also said he'd make me exhaust from the headers to where a catback starts for $8,000. Either he's super good or super expensive.

For that much I rather buy a big singe turbo and rebuilt or swap 1JZ... No even better 2jZ! :bigthumb:

·
Invert.
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ma71supraturbo said:
haha yes, it's supposed to be like that. One of the many reasons to replace it for a better elbow or integrated downpipe...

I suspect it is there to make it easier to get that lower nut off. That said, I wish Toyota put that kind of thought into the more mundane (for example -- oil filter)
So far I've changed by dp as often as my oil! (once) Bet thats not true for everyone though. How much hp you think you could put out with 8k on top of a running car?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
for 8 grand i would rebuild my motor to perfection with everything. then replace work out stuff under the car, bearings and shit.

·
Invert.
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I finally finished installing my dp. I had a lot of time setbacks and two people to talk to so it took me forever. I installed a cooleeze dp and tp, but not my cat-back yet. The exhaust is still being ordered. Not at all based on your preference of sound, do you think running an open dp will be okay? Not for cops or children on the side of the road, but the important thing. My car. I'm kind of afraid of having the gas go right on to the u-joint.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Dont worry about it.. It will just shoot flames... from UNDER the car..

·
Invert.
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this morning I tried running it with the open DP. Holy shit that thing is loud! I about crapped my pants when I started it. I drove around a bit and made a right turn onto a 2 lane 55mph highway. 1 person passed me as I was at the stop sign. I hit it pretty hard to get up to speed for the person behind me. It was so loud, the one in front of me booked and made the first right turn. No signal, and its a dead end road. With my town, I'm glad I didn't get a ddp. I'd never hit full boost!

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Not only will it probably raise your boost, but I guess because of the lack of restriction.
I cant explain it will, but it will be leaner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts