Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2005/events/race04/results/sunday_prw.html#sufinal3results

Titan pulled off the first 6.40 pass in NHRA history and a huge mph as well. Efantis didn't win, but still set new et/mph records in his class with 7.2x at mid 190s. And on top of that Woon took the Scandalous race down in Phoenix. All from the little engine that could. Just thought I would post this since I think it is pretty amazing that this motor just keeps getting better and better.

Steve K.

D

·
0 Posts
Dammmm Titan's Celica is fucking fast dammmm :D . Congrauations to Titan for there crazy ass time. It would be really crazy if they saw 5's :D

Woon won the Scandalous as stated in another thread. He called out Saad (I think) but he didn't come :( . Woon you need to change that avatar seriously. 9.21 baby :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
MADMKIV said:
They were on top waaay before the recent duttweiler/titan program... Remember Bullish Racing?

True they were up until the AEM Honda and GM V6 (Hartford) got in the mix.... Bullish and Scranton bros are NOT making the power like the Titan 2JZ so maybe those guys should also talk to Duttweiler :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
86brick said:
Just remember it's because of a Buick guy (Duttweiler) that the 2JZ is on top in Pro RWD
Yeah, Kenny finally has some good material to work with. :lol:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Duttweiler works with Titan? I didnt know that...he lives right here in my city. Our company worked with him for the NHRA fuel tester.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Yeah, Kenny finally has some good material to work with. :lol:
Yeah, Kenny ran 6's and made 1500+hp years ago with the old Buick V6 technology and he didn't even need methanol to do it..... Guess he figured it was time to help the Toyota 2JZ guys see the full potential :dunno: :)

·
Under Construction
763 Posts
86brick said:
Yeah, Kenny ran 6's and made 1500+hp years ago with the old Buick V6 technology and he didn't even need methanol to do it..... Guess he figured it was time to help the Toyota 2JZ guys see the full potential :dunno: :)
Well he wants to runs 5's now. With 3.0 liters.

:bigthumb:

·
4,109 Posts
Strange...according to Jason S, the 2JZ was done, and the NSX heads flowed so much better, etc, etc...;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
BXR SUPRA said:
Well he wants to runs 5's now. With 3.0 liters.

:bigthumb:

5's aren't gonna happen with the 2JZ especially in a 2350lb pro stock chassis....

Moran's twin turbo BBC car (doorslammer) will run 5's in Pro Modified eventually (he already has shown he has the power to do it) as well as a few twin turbo BBC cars that Kenny is involved with.... It's gonna take around 3500-4000hp..... Sorry but that kinda power can not be made with the 2JZ!

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
Turbo Magazine this month has an article on MR. Duttweiler. He explains his new project for Titan its NOT a 2jz either try 1fze old landcruiser bruiser!

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
This is Bullshit, I bet that wasn't Titan's car but really the AEM Civic with a Titan Celica body to fool everyone. After all the Supra engine CAN'T make as much HP as the AEM Civic;)

Congrats to Titan, Nero, Brad, Paul and Ryan Woon on their great weekends! :bigthumb:

Evill Supra said:
http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2005/events/race04/results/sunday_prw.html#sufinal3results

Titan pulled off the first 6.40 pass in NHRA history and a huge mph as well. Efantis didn't win, but still set new et/mph records in his class with 7.2x at mid 190s. And on top of that Woon took the Scandalous race down in Phoenix. All from the little engine that could. Just thought I would post this since I think it is pretty amazing that this motor just keeps getting better and better.

Steve K.

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
As far as I know Duttweiler's Titan Involvement is only with the LC motor.

Not to say he's not "helping" with the 2JZ program.

And You can go 5's at say 235 MPH on about 2400 HP on a 2350 pound car.

Not sure they'll ever make that much power out of the 2JZ though.

86brick said:
Just remember it's because of a Buick guy (Duttweiler) that the 2JZ is on top in Pro RWD :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
86brick said:
Yeah, Kenny ran 6's and made 1500+hp years ago with the old Buick V6 technology and he didn't even need methanol to do it..... Guess he figured it was time to help the Toyota 2JZ guys see the full potential
Looks like Kenny is able to do it now using less cubes and an OEM block from Japan. Wish we had a Stage II option available...

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Kenny's focus is mainly on the big motor program. The 2J has been a combination of quite a few peoples efforts but we're definately pushing the limits of the motor now. It's great to see some progress and get a win this weekend.

Congrats to Woon this weekend as well, wonder what motor he's running ? :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts