Supra Forums banner

bigger throttle body

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bdekoning 
#1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering if anybody here has done a bigger throttle body with a custom intake manifold. I was considering it but woudl like some opions as to how big to go.

anybody knwo what cars have 75mm or 80mm throttle bodies stock (if any do)
'???

#9 ·
I've installed the Q45 TB on my custom foward facing intake manifold. The 7M TPS does NOT bolt right up, nor is is compatible with the Infinity flange arrangement. Modification is necessary. You can cut/weld the 7M TPS flange onto the Q45 TB or implement some other innovative methods. Also, the Q45 TPS is a 3wire system, while the 7M is 4wire.
the TB ID is 84mm
OD = 90mm.

My mod'ed Q45 TB to accept 7M TPS:

HTH

SupraBadBoyMKIII said:
thanks for referring me to the 2jz manifold q&a section bu it didnt really answer my question.

Has anybody used a 75mm or bigger on their 2jz style manifolds?

#10 ·
BlackDevilSupra said:
I've installed the Q45 TB on my custom foward facing intake manifold. The 7M TPS does NOT bolt right up, nor is is compatible with the Infinity flange arrangement. Modification is necessary. You can cut/weld the 7M TPS flange onto the Q45 TB or implement some other innovative methods. Also, the Q45 TPS is a 3wire system, while the 7M is 4wire.
the TB ID is 84mm
OD = 90mm.

HTH
Yeah sorry for making it sound like it bolted up. I did have to modify the TB for the TPS to bolt up but it can be done and it isn't too hard.

#12 ·
any other pics of the tps adaptor? my friend has a tb off of a cadilac northstar. he said its 80mm, but someone here posted its 84. anyhow, id like to see how that adaptor was made so we can get the tps on his to work. thanks.
william

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.