Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A.E. Motorsports
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I saw this in the thrust washer thread and thought it deserves a look. I did a little searching and all I can come up with is that it is obviousely a pyramid scheme. But there are a few places that it came up with that ''used it'' and that's about all that is said. Most of those sites were in australia. So basicaly I want to know if anyone has used it and how did it work. I don't want to hear oppinions from people who have never even seen a bottle of this stuff, that's useless.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
Very high quality snakes used in it's production but they don't use a fine enough filter for the heads so you may get a fang now and again that will block Oil gallerys causing failure.....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Here we go again on Bitron. I am not going to argue with you guys, but I have seen nothing but the best from Bitron and have oil results to prove it. They were off the chart. I'll see if I can scan them so this thread doesnt become a war zone.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ill stick with my royal purple....i see no good reason to take a chance on the stuff when there are many other great PROVEN products out there.....just my opinion though...i dont know a ton about the bitron stuff and dont really care too

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
ill stick with my royal purple....i see no good reason to take a chance on the stuff when there are many other great PROVEN products out there.....just my opinion though...i dont know a ton about the bitron stuff and dont really care too

Good point. I like it.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Very high quality snakes used in it's production but they don't use a fine enough filter for the heads so you may get a fang now and again that will block Oil gallerys causing failure.....
exactly.

you'll never find good, independent SCIENTIFIC results on bitron (or any other additives for that matter).

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
exactly.

you'll never find good, independent SCIENTIFIC results on bitron (or any other additives for that matter).
How can you say something like that? That comment alone was very biased. I happen to work in a laboratory with some of leading chemists in the industry and they were very impartial about my testing.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
royal purple uses the bad kind of moly (the kind that comes out of suspension and clogs oil filters)

Redline > royal purple

I do run royal purple in my tranny though, and in my motor it's not bad but I change my oil/filter religiously...

·
Registered
184 Posts
i found this article on oil aditives....dosent really go into the bitron but is a very good article discussing "miracle" aditives and the tests that im sure everyone has seen where they drain the oil and run engine with no oil after using their special additive. The author seems discredit additives as a positve product but see what you think.

http://www.svong-1.com/analiz/snake1.htm

·
Registered
184 Posts
for those of you who dont feel like reading the whole article...this pretty much sums it up:

"...The major oil companies are some of the richest, most powerful and aggressive corporations in world. They own multi- million dollar research facilities manned by some of the best chemical engineers money can hire. It is probably safe to say that any one of them has the capabilities and resources at hand in marketing, distribution, advertising, research and product development equal to 20 times that of any of the independent additive companies. It therefore stands to reason that if any of these additive products were actu ally capable of improving the capabilities of engine lubricants, the major oil companies would have been able to determine that and to find some way to cash in on it.

Yet of all the oil additives we found, none carried the name or endorsement of any of the major oil producers.

In addition, all of the major vehicle and engine manufacturers spend millions of dollars each year trying to increase the longevity of their products, and millions more paying off warranty claims when their products fail. Again, it only stands to reason that if they thought any of these additives would increase the life or improve the performance of their engines, they would be actively using and selling them - or at least endorsing their use.

Instead, many of them advise against the use of these additives and, in some cases, threaten to void their warranty coverage if such things are found to be used in their products.... "

·
Slo-vertible Drifter
815 Posts
Very nice article. So this brings up a question that I had. A couple of years ago a co-worker of mine talked about running transmission fluid in his engine for 5min (at operating temp) at idle to clean all of the junk out. Ever try this? It basically sounds like running an additive, but only for a short amount of time.

I don't know if I have the balls to try it though...

·
Registered
202 Posts
all i am going to say is an analogy of the subject. i had this lady come to me one time to do an oil change, and she said only to use honda oil in her civic. I asked her why and she said that that synthetic is the best there is (except for the fact that it scores very low on many synthetic oil tests) and "she could feel the difference" She told me they used Quaker State once and her car felt bad, like it was bogging (yep, you heard it, oil causing bogging). Then she explained to me that once she went to honda and changed her oil and spark plugs (see bogging to oil) she said the car was a million times better al because of the oil not slowing down the car?
w/e point is if someone wants to believe in something no matter what the contrary shows or proves, they will believe because they want to so dearly. Until there is a scientific test done as the good doctor stated, then i will stick with my German Castrol till death.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
oil can cause bogging if it's too thick (ran a ton of lucas in a vehicle to make it stop leaking long enough for me to get it to the shop)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
How can you say something like that? That comment alone was very biased. I happen to work in a laboratory with some of leading chemists in the industry and they were very impartial about my testing.
Well, where are your results?

Have you repeated them? Has anyone else been able to tested bitron?

To prove your tests about Bitron, and whether or not it really does what you say it does, to be worth anything you have to show us some experiment results and they should be able to be duplicated by anyone. Not a special circumstance in some laboratory with 'leading chemists.'

If your results can't be duplicated by others, they are as good as worthless and do not count as evidence.

Testimonials do not count as evidence as well.

This reminds me of the claims of some scientist achieving cold fusion that could only be done in their lab.

·
A.E. Motorsports
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow. Sorry I brought up a sore subject. I guess I was just looking for evidence it works outside of a site that sells it (if you google there are hundreds of them, and all are the same layout but different people selling... Coincidence?). Something unbiased would be great but I guess its never going to happen because testing is expensive and to spend the money there has to be a vested interest in the product. Aren't there any bilionaires in these forums who want to know the truth!!!! JK.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
very biased? yup, i guess requesting multiple INDEPENDENT SCIENTIFIC tests is pretty biased.

I use it in all my cars, with great results. I also sell the stuff. There was a long debate on this already, and the people who tried it, loved it, and the people who didn't beleive it's fake. Here's a list of Supra owner feedback, and a pile of good eBay feedback, if that helps you at all: http://www.echowavepro.com/bitronsupratest.htm
again, ONLY anecdotal evidence....i FEEL....i THINK....testimonials are worthless. scientific FACTS are what's needed.

Well, where are your results?

Have you repeated them? Has anyone else been able to tested bitron?

To prove your tests about Bitron, and whether or not it really does what you say it does, to be worth anything you have to show us some experiment results and they should be able to be duplicated by anyone. Not a special circumstance in some laboratory with 'leading chemists.'

If your results can't be duplicated by others, they are as good as worthless and do not count as evidence.

Testimonials do not count as evidence as well.

This reminds me of the claims of some scientist achieving cold fusion that could only be done in their lab.
exactly correct.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
pfft. slick 50 FTW. ;)

yes, that was extreme sarcasm. as with all snake oils, use at your own risk!

-shaeff

1 - 20 of 20 Posts