Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bitter Sweet, pics of my Dad's Supra

I lost my Dad exactly 6 months ago today to cancer. We were car guys, more specifically Supra enthusiast. We loved our Supra's and we would frequently talk about various post on Supraforums. Everything from the latest and greatest performance upgrades to pointing out good looking Supra's in the member rides section.

We enjoyed taking our Supra's out to cars and coffee, supra meets, and various other car gatherings. We would have a great time, he would take his 94 supra and I would take my 93, and I always thought it was pretty cool to be known as the "father and son" Supra guys.

For the last 6 months it's been a tough adjustment. I miss him and our conversations. Over the weekend and for the first time since he passed I decided to clean up my Dad's supra and take it for a spin around the block. I don't know how to explain it other than it was emotional. Being in the car brought back alot of great memories. In a way, the way my dad built up his Supra it just reminded me of how he was as a person and how he always did things the right way.

Dad Supra 1.jpg Dad Supra 2.jpg Dad Supra 3.jpg Dad Supra 4.jpg Dad Supra 5.jpg

They are not the best pictures but I snapped a few with my cell phone.
A few specifics about the car:
BPU -
Stock twins
Greddy Power Extreme Exhaust
Greddy Boost Controller
Apexi air fuel controller
Snow performance water meth kit
Koni/Eibach suspension
Energy Suspension bushing kit
Professor SSR SP1 Wheels
HKS Blow off valve
TRD Strut tower Bar

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
I know how you feel. No, my Dad did not have a Supra, but my son and I talk about cars a lot and he loves my car. He will get it some day when I can no longer drive it.
I love the mostly stock look, and of course, the color and year are perfect!

·
Registered
137 Posts
What a beautiful, but heartbreaking story to hear. My dad could have cared less about my Supra, so it must have been special to bond because of Supras's. Don't ever sell her!

Thanks for sharing.

·
2,275 Posts
Sorry for your loss, looks like he built a great looking car with some tasteful mods.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It looks like he built one gorgeous car.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
Amazing story Parkay! Enjoy all the those memories and thank you for sharing! Sorry to hear about the loss of your Father, but I am sure he's pleased to know that you will have his Supra and be enjoying the memories you made together with it.

Casey

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate all the replies. Will be keeping the Supra for sure, it has so much sentimental value to me.

·
Wingless by Choice
1,495 Posts
Beautiful Supra man. Sorry to hear about your Dad. It sounds like he was a great human being/Father. Car guys have a very special bond. I'm sure he was right there with you while driving the car around. Something you should do more often IMO. Enjoy the car just like your he did. Thanks for sharing.

Devin P.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice and clean Supra! I don't have a father nor do I have someone who shares the bond you and your father had, but I truly envy the time you got to spend with him.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all the encouraging replies. Devon, you said it man, I did feel my Dad was there cruising right along beside me. There is something to the car bond for sure.

Ryan

·
Hardtop Crew
6,382 Posts
awesome post man. the feels

·
Registered
439 Posts
What a beautiful, but heartbreaking story to hear. My dad could have cared less about my Supra, so it must have been special to bond because of Supras's. Don't ever sell her!

Thanks for sharing.

I agree on the never sell it because of the bond op and dad shared with there supras. Car looks amazing and you'll always have your dad with you whenever you look at the car, Thanks for sharing this its one those things that makes you think about whats really important in life.

·
An out of line 2J
1,273 Posts
My condolences to you Sir, sounds like you guys had a wonderful bond. Reading this as a new parent, I hope to one day be able to share my automotive passion.

Cherish the memories and keep that Supra love alive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts