Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,we ve done all the job and tuned my 2 supras in Istanbul.First is BL 45-80Rwith a 3.0L and second is 9.5CR 3.4L with titanium rods BL 55R-91mm(ball bearing).

We first tuned the 3.0L on a dyno dynamics,it gave 515rwhp with 15psi and 630rwhp with 20psi with pump gas.These are dyno dynamics numbers.Then we put some VP Import in it and turn up the boost.But we couldnt get traction at the dyno,twin rollers were so small.We could only get 790 rwhp traction limited.We tried Pirelli Corsas and Mickey Thompson 325/50/15 but couldnt get any traction.We ve done the job at highway then and all i can say is amazing.We get 36-40psi by 5200rpm with a 80mm which i think outspools every other 80mm with 3.0L at the forum.

Then we tuned the big ass 91mm car i think im the first who use the ball bearing version of this turbo.And im the first who uses the quad tilton.This car is useless at the street.Because i could get 28 psi by 6200rpm and over 28 psi i couldnt get any traction with Mickey Thompson 325-50-15s.So why this turbo at the street?LAGGY!
Im going to give the details and photos tomorrow.

Sertan

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
really sick setup! it really bothers me when people say that they are "the first" to do something. i have a customer in S.Fla who has been using the quad tilton in his car for about 7 months now..

i would love to see pics of your setup though. that 45-80 is no joke, it is now by far my favorite turbo

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
The 45-80 is an awesome turbo. It has gone through many changes in the past 4 years to get it right!! I remember 3 years ago sending one to Peter Blach to try...... didnt work too well back then. Garrett finally has it right now!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The 45-80 is an awesome turbo. It has gone through many changes in the past 4 years to get it right!! I remember 3 years ago sending one to Peter Blach to try...... didnt work too well back then. Garrett finally has it right now!!
Lol, you sent me some wierdo 80mm too, and it SUCKED bad!!! Full boost at 6400, and only trapped 133 @ 28psi.

Tim

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Hahahahaha, ah yes, good times good times! Sounds like they finally got it right! Does that mean you are taking my turbo on trade and sending me a new one Lar? Isn't that the LEAST you could do for me for all the hard work in testing these darn 80's? :D
Peter

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-GT 55-91mm dbb Turbo 1.08 A/R (Anti-surge deleted and polished)
-6inch turbo intake with 6inch KN fitler
-Boostlogic Turbo bag
-5inch downpipe,midpipe
-5inch Burns muffler exhaust
-4inch piping turbo to intercooler
-4inch piping intercooler to throttle body
-Boostlogic race intercooler(1500rwhp)
-Virtual Works intake manifold
-Boostlogic race head with +2mm valves (Full Ferrea)
-HKS 280intake and exhaust cams
-HKS adjustable cam gears
-NGK race spark plugs
-Fullrace new gen header

Shortblock 3.4L
-Crower titanium rods with heavy duty bolts(300gr each)(stock rod ~620gr)
-CP 9.5CR pistons with upgraded cromemoly wrist pins(Ceramic coated top and teflon coated sides)
-Titan motorsports 3.4L billet crank
-Full ARP
-ProGram bilet main caps
-1/2’ head studs
-Quarter filled for heavy duty (1500rwhp++)

-Nos direct port kit(130-450hp)
-Greddy 16-row oil cooler
-PWR radiator
-AAP dual fan kit
-Tilton quad disk clutch kit
-HKS twin power ignition amplifier
-2*Tial blow-off valves
-2*Tial 44mm wastegates
-Titan motorsports carbonfiber driveshaft
-TRD LSD
-Stoptech 14inch brake kit(front and rear)
-Volk Racing GTS gunmetal wheels 19'
-255/30/19 front Pireli neros,305/30/19 rear Pireli Corsas)
-Also 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson Etstreet radials
-TRD 160fhrnht thermostat
-Weldon external pump for 2200hp
-6*1600cc precision injectors
-Boostlogic fuel rail
-Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
-BL tensioner bracket
-Tein flex coilovers(EDFC controled)
-Titan sway bars
-Greddy oil catch can
-BL crank pulley
-Greddy lightweight pulley kit
-Full bushing kit
-FJO wideband kit

·
4,109 Posts
--Stoptech 14inch brake kit(front and rear)
-Volk Racing GTS gunmetal wheels 19'
-255/30/19 front Pireli neros,305/30/19 rear Pireli Corsas)
-Also 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson Etstreet radials
How do you fit 325/50-15s over 14" brakes? What wheels are they on?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Furi,
That's a very nice set up you have. Shame you could not dyno the car.
Any pics of the car/ engine bay?
Thanks.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Furi,
That's a very nice set up you have. Shame you could not dyno the car.
Any pics of the car/ engine bay?
Thanks.
I hope someone buy a dynojet here and i can dyno the car.
Can you run full boost i mean 3bar+NOS with 325 MTs at the street at those power levels,because we had really bad traction problems.I have pictures and videos of the engine bay.I will post ASAP.Thanks for your help Stephane!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I bet you had traction problems..
I have run 1250+Rwhp on the street in summer and it hooks great if the road is warm, no spinning at all. It's really impressive and the chassis does not seem to like it. Last time, it was cold and I could not get traction, I was spinning the 325/50/15 real bad even in 4rth gear.

I hope someone buy a dynojet here and i can dyno the car.
Can you run full boost i mean 3bar+NOS with 325 MTs at the street at those power levels,because we had really bad traction problems.I have pictures and videos of the engine bay.I will post ASAP.Thanks for your help Stephane!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts