Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new turbo, PTE78GTS wich is pretty much the same as the 76GTS that comes with the turbo kit from BoostLogic except that a elbow is welded on the compressorhousing on the BL kit. The new turbo dosent have that. To get the right angle on the comphousing it has to be turned but it touches the first runner. So with the angle that is now the ic piping would have to go almost through the frame.

Is there anyone else that has monuted a turbo that not comes with the elbow on their BL manifold?

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
do you have room to do 4 row style piping instead? it goes down and under the frame rail instead of up and through the fender... its shorter and more direct anyway, more ideal IMO for sure.

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have room to do 4 row style piping instead? it goes down and under the frame rail instead of up and through the fender... its shorter and more direct anyway, more ideal IMO for sure.
This is what we are going to do :) We bought a pipe between the turbo and intercooler that i think comes from PHR but im not sure. But the compressor outlet points straight into the frame, we must turn it about 4-5cm but then it touches the first runner :dunno:

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Hi

I have a T76 on my BL manifold.... and didn`t have any problems with that, and I have not welded a elbow on it... But it`s installed on a N/A

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To see if it works i put a brakepad that was 12mm between as a spacer and it looks like it should work, just need a 45 degree silicone elbow now :) I'd rather not weld on the turbo to make it easier to sell later. I was lycky to sell the BL76 turbo that has an elbow welded on!

Thanks for your inputs anyway :bigok:

· A State of Trance
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got some pictures for you now, as you can see both the first runner and the oilreturn fitting touches the comphousing, i guess that its because this turbo has 3inch out instead of 2.5inch. Hopefullt a .5inch spacer will work.

Aldo think that if the first runner was welded more like this it would have been alot more space for a bigger comphousing outlet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.