Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a Boost Logic T61 turbo kit. Anybody have experience with this kit? How does it compare to other t61 setups? How is the kit quality? I'm coming from a T78 Greddy kit because I'm tired of the spool and I'm more into road racing now.

thanks

joe

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Its a very quick spooling turbo that works well with people on stock fuel and upgraded fuel systems. Its very comparable to other tubular manifold setups utilizing a 61mm turbo. I think this turbo would work well for road racing because of the quick spool and smooth powerband.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Hey Joe what's up!
Why not look into the new Ball Bearing Turbos. 63mm or 67mm with BB.
IMO 61mm is going to be very small. Plus you have to see what everyone else in LI are doing ;)

Are you coming to the NE2K6 meet this Saturday?
Tim

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey tim,

APU...what you got?

what is a gt35r? what size is it? I've heard good things about it. who makes it...

What are good 63mm setups? I think sp63 is no longer in production according to sp in chicago. I can't find a used one anywhere. I'm also thinkin of just swapping turbos and using the Greddy manifold but then i have to get a new downpipe, intake and ic pipe, so I might as well get a new kit.

joe

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
61MM's are pretty nice turbos. I am running one now on a 1J and it spools pretty damn quick. Top end is really nice too.
Really depends on your power goals though.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Turbo size all depends on your goals and intended use for the car. Give me a call at the shop and I will go over your options with you.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
jvana95 said:
hey tim,

APU...what you got?

what is a gt35r? what size is it? I've heard good things about it. who makes it...

What are good 63mm setups? I think sp63 is no longer in production according to sp in chicago. I can't find a used one anywhere. I'm also thinkin of just swapping turbos and using the Greddy manifold but then i have to get a new downpipe, intake and ic pipe, so I might as well get a new kit.

joe

We still make the SP63!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts