Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is currently BPU, but I want to eventually upgrade to BL67 stage 1 or 2 kit and then BL fuel system. I was curious which BOV and which EMS BL recommends for this type setup. I was thinking of running 2 HKS SS BOV's on the Greddy 3-Row piping and the MAP ECU to control the fuel, but I wanted to know what your recommendation is. Please advise.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Boost Me said:
My car is currently BPU, but I want to eventually upgrade to BL67 stage 1 or 2 kit and then BL fuel system. I was curious which BOV and which EMS BL recommends for this type setup. I was thinking of running 2 HKS SS BOV's on the Greddy 3-Row piping and the MAP ECU to control the fuel, but I wanted to know what your recommendation is. Please advise.

That setup will work fine!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Is there really a need for two BOV's?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought a single HKS SS BOV was only able to hold ~500 WHP. The BL67 kit on the BL site shows it can make nearly 700 WHP. That is why I was thinking of using two. I know other that are using two. Please adivise.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,919 Posts
I have the BL67P kit on mine and I use 2 HKS SS BOVs. I was advised that it's good to have 2 when going single, one in the piping between the turbo and the FMIC and the other as close to the thottle body as possible. For fuel management, I'm using the VPC/AFC combo and have no problems whatsoever. Will opt for the AEM EMS next year, but my current setup works great.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Setup looks great Greg! How much power is the setup making? Is it a P trim or a Q trim and which a/r? I personally love the SSQV on FMIC Mount, it's a sweet sound! As for the starter of the thread you can't go wrong with a 67 setup for street power and for some good laydown at the strip!

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,919 Posts
SupraFan55 said:
Setup looks great Greg! How much power is the setup making? Is it a P trim or a Q trim and which a/r? I personally love the SSQV on FMIC Mount, it's a sweet sound! As for the starter of the thread you can't go wrong with a 67 setup for street power and for some good laydown at the strip!
Thanks :bigthumb: It's a P-trim with a .68 A/R for quick spool. On a conservative tune, 26psi and race gas, car made ~630 rwhp. I do want to dyno the car on 18psi and pump gas just to see what it would put down, but I'm guessing around 500 rwhp. Either way, it's definitely a blast!!! Next year with the AEM and cams, going back to shoot for 700 rwhp

·
Banned
182 Posts
I have a 67mm .81 A/R with 1 HKS SS BOV and a MAP ECU and put down 509rwhp on pump (17lbs) yesterday on the dynojet, and 500rwhp even on the second run... rwtq was 450s. Need to get fuel and cams and shoot for high 600s, maybe even 700

·
Boost Junkie
12,693 Posts
The 67 is the best street turbo in my opinion. Great power on pump and great potential with some race gas. Robby, you should come by sometime and I'll take you for a ride.

Steve K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts