Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tuned the BL67P/.68 with my stock motor, stock cams, RPS header, routed back Innovative wastegate, Titan fuel rail, twin Walbros, 788cc injectors. I have a G-Force ECU, JUN cam gears, VPC, SAFC-II (Map 1 pump gas, Map 2 race gas), 3 inch downpipe + TRD Gen II exhaust, 4 inch K&N intake (cold air vent), Blitz DSBC boost controller, new Toyota coil packs, NGK 3330s at 0.027. Fuel for high boost runs was 50/50 C16/93.

First up is 25 psi race gas tuned super safe in 5th gear, a/f of very low 11s, 614 RWHP/570 RWTQ SAE, my minimum boost on Map 2, revved out to 175 mph:

Theoretically, my car with 295/35-18 tires should be 181 mph in 5th at 7500 rpm, so this was close to redline, still great power! Under race conditions, I shift into 5th at about 130 mph, so I have a tower of power waiting in 5th! I did a 27 psi run (also super safe) at 650 RWHP, this is what I would run in the standing mile. I estimate I would be in the 185++ mph range in the mile based on what I've read about other Supras running.

Now 33 psi in 4th gear, 709 RWHP/614 RWTQ SAE:

The car was pulling like a freight train, run after run, very smooth. Went through 4th rather quickly. :D On various runs with slightly different a/f, we had 225 RWTQ at 3500 rpm, 305 RWTQ at 4000 rpm and 450 RWTQ at 4500 rpm, although this run was probably a little rich down low.

I am a very big fan of Precision 67s! The dyno testing proved that I didn't give up anything to my old T61/.68 down low, and I picked up a hell of a lot more mid/top end. Overall the 67 is smoother and seems to have huge lungs on the open road. I think I will be faster at everything, including road racing, with the 67. I sometimes change the Duty Cycle on the Blitz DSBC slightly depending on what I'm doing. I use a gain of 25 for general street speed/drag and lower it to 23 for the twisties for slightly less sudden hit. My only possible plans for the future would be 272/264 staggered cams + springs & retainers (no hurry though, the power is fine), although I WOULD like to find plugs that last longer than these damned NGK 3330s! As for the .81 a/r, I'm sure it would still be fine, but I don't really feel like I need it at the moment. I feel like I have plenty power now, I am going to work on some more advanced handling/braking upgrades for road racing.

On Map 1 I did a super safe 470 RWHP/425 RWTQ at ~18 psi with low 11s a/f, could have gone for more here, but as it is, I can beat the car to death on pump, and this power is very usable. By adding just ~2 gal of C16 to 1/2 tank of 93 on Map 1, I did 540 RWHP/491 RWTQ at 21 psi. This is my "economy" race setting when I want to have extra fun but don't want to go 50/50 of C16/93. I did some blasting around at 650 RWHP on the way home and it was ridiculous, no wheelspin in 3rd, lots of forward motion! I did axe murder a C6 and 750 bike before I ran out of race gas too, they must wondered who the hell I was by the way I pulled. :fawk: Traction is not bad at all on warm days actually.

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
WOW, if I ever decide to go single....goldilox(tm of BoostLogic, LOL) will more than likely be my choice!VERY nice numbers, I wonder how much more power the staggered setup+ the .81 will give you...I am guessing [email protected]!

Jason

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kumho MX 295/35-18 rear, 265/35-18 front. I think I will probably try KDWs next time based on the recommendation of a friend, but its hard to argue with the price/performance of the MX, especially when I shred the rears in 8000 miles or less!

·
Banned
182 Posts
Why did you rev it out past the stock limiter? TQ has long fallen off and HP peaks and starts to fall. Any use of revving past that? Also how safe is it to run 33 psi on a stock head and motor?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I wanted to see my full powerband. It's well worth revving higher in this case if it means one less gear shift in the 1/4 mile (if your trap speed is high) or nailing a straight/coming out of a corner on the road course. It also puts you in a very good zone in the next gear. My setup didn't seem to have any problems with 33 psi, although on the street, I probably wouldn't run more than 30 psi for safety.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
I have an almost identical setup (minus the rail) on my car and all I can say is WOW!! Your numbers are extremely impressive. Quick question though, you weren't weary of running 33 psi even though the VPC only has a 2 bar map sensor?

Congrats on the numbers!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For starters, 33 psi was the peak measured on the boost controller, it probably held more like 32.5ish to redline, also, the a/f was smooth and consistent run after run, I wasn't worried on the dyno. No hiccups, the engine was smooth as could be.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
HotSoup said:
WOW, if I ever decide to go single....goldilox(tm of BoostLogic, LOL) will more than likely be my choice!VERY nice numbers, I wonder how much more power the staggered setup+ the .81 will give you...I am guessing [email protected]!

Jason

Jason,

I think you'll like the T67 DBB even better with its quicker spool time.

BLITZSUPRA: Very strong numbers for a stock cam car. I'm going to change out my boost controller soon and make another dyno run at 30+ psi and also fine tune my A/F curve a bit more.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
That is unbelievable man, particularly with the RPS header, stock cams, and TRD Gen 2 exhaust (exactly what I have). I am awed that you were able to get over 700 rwhp! Well done! :bigthumb:

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Great job Blitz,

Your numbers are outstanding for stock cams. I plan on taking my PTE67 car to the dyno soon as well. I have to agree that this turbo is the ultimate street turbo as I like it a lot more then my old 63. I felt like the 63 hit too hard and the 67 is more linear. Plus it pulls like a freight train up top as well and has great spool.

Let us know how you do after cams, if you ever do install a set.

Steve

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nice numbers. I drive around daily with my T78 and 25psi (650rwhp) and it feels awesome, scares me everytime. I gave a coworker a ride and he was scared at 19psi. lol

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hau said:
Nice numbers. I drive around daily with my T78 and 25psi (650rwhp) and it feels awesome, scares me everytime. I gave a coworker a ride and he was scared at 19psi. lol
I am scared all the time in that car!!! :) I gotta get a race with ya sometime Hau.

Later

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Batty200 said:
I am scared all the time in that car!!! :) I gotta get a race with ya sometime Hau.

Later
we need to find a 4 lane highway close by ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have practically the same set up on my six speed but with the BL fuel system and MAP ECU. I also have the blitz dsbc but no manual. What settings work well for you? and do you use all of the functions?Thanks.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jwalker678 said:
I have practically the same set up on my six speed but with the BL fuel system and MAP ECU. I also have the blitz dsbc but no manual. What settings work well for you? and do you use all of the functions?Thanks.
I only use one of the four presets, the highest and adjust the Ratio from 40 (18 psi) to 76-78 (~30 psi) as needed, because I don't want to somehow accidentally switch on high boost when I'm on pump gas! :eek4dance

I set the Gain at 25 for general use and 23 for road racing (spool is more gradual for smoothness). Very simple and it works great. :D

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the warning set depending on what fuel I am running. I never use the scramble function, have you tried it?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts