Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while in the market for a new set of wheels, I borrowed a set of black 17" CCWs to try out. Got a few quick pics of the car, but i'm on the fence on this one. Anybody have a strong opinion for or against black wheels on a Baltic Supra?

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
not really a fan of those wheels.. but I do remember seeing a member who had a baltic blue supra with some nice black rims and a whale tale.. one of the sickest supras ive ever seen.. if anyone can dig up the pic

·
Member Thingy
1,119 Posts
NICE wheels. There is something about black CCWs that really makes the car visually hug the ground.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
I wish JDMUSCLE posted pictures of his Baltic blue with the same exact CCW's polished instead of black and you would see how hooooooooooot they look. And I love the black CCW's and told him to get those but after seeing the polished on Baltic blue I saw thats the way to go.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Thats a truly classic sport car you have there :bigthumb:. Can I ask where'd you get your polished/silver triple rings on your speedometer from?

EDIT: By the way, what sizes are your tires?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
DragRacingSupra said:
Thats a truly classic sport car you have there :bigthumb:. Can I ask where'd you get your polished/silver triple rings on your speedometer from?

I have the polished rings. I purchased mine from Paul Whiffen, but iirc you can purchase them through mvp for about $110.

carlo

·
Ninja Engineer!
336 Posts
I don't really see the black going together with baltic. go with polished, not painted, instead. I think that would look much better... But that's me:)

-dela-

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
MANI009 said:
I wish JDMUSCLE posted pictures of his Baltic blue with the same exact CCW's polished instead of black and you would see how hooooooooooot they look. And I love the black CCW's and told him to get those but after seeing the polished on Baltic blue I saw thats the way to go.
Yogi has CCWs polished now?! Damnnnnnnnnnnn he has to post some pics of his car by now.

I like the look of the CCWs black or polished on the baltic blue cars.. I dont think the black looks bad at all.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Is that a celica GTS wheel?

·
605 Posts
Brian, the car looks nice, but would look better with some polished CCW's or iForged wheels instead. :bigthumb: I have never been a fan of darker wheels and I think the black clashes with the baltic color.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Not feelin' it. Baltic Blue looks too dark and drab with dark wheels. A set of polished CCWs would be perfect. They would really bring out the color of the car better. It needs some bling!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Some sort of gun metal 5 spokes might look cool. Not feeling the black CCW's though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IMAGINETHAT said:
Brian, the car looks nice, but would look better with some polished CCW's or iForged wheels instead. :bigthumb: I have never been a fan of darker wheels and I think the black clashes with the baltic color.
Yeah Len thats what i plan on going with, but since these were layin around just wanted to see what they would look like on baltic. :) So many choices. I really like the wide wheel and tire look though. Thanks everyone for their thoughts on the wheels.

-Brian

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
94Silver said:
Is that a celica GTS wheel?
Actually a MR2 spyder wheel, but there the same although this wheel doesnt have cruise control.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DragRacingSupra said:

The the tires in the rear are 315s 35 17 in the rear i think, not sure on the front, ill have to ask the owner.

-Brian

·
Registered
205 Posts
Spoolin S T 95 said:
Actually a MR2 spyder wheel, but there the same although this wheel doesnt have cruise control.

How much was it, if you dont mind me asking?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts