• Chrome lights on a black car.

Votes: 8 19.5%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

Should I paint my light black on the inside or not. I can see that black headlights look great on a white or red car but I am not sure I like it much more then the chromes on a black car. So which is it:

Black light on a black car
or
Chrome lights on a black car.

EDIT
I have glass Euro lenses.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It looks good if the lenses are very clean and clear. If the lenses are dirty it will look 10x worse with a black background than with chrome. If you do it make sure u clean your lenses very thoroughly.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,128 Posts
Eventhough I have the black housings now (proper for my year) I liked the chrome housings alot when I had them. It was a very nice contrast with bright wheels, i.e. chrome or nicely polished/bright silver.

old pic:

Personally I think the painted 93.5-96 lights look a litte odd without the 3rd highbeam chrome ring that the 97-98's have.

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
it really depends, i believe that is your car is subtle, then getting the black housings perfect, but if your car has a lot of exterior work done, then the chrome euro headlights would give it a perfect touch,

Reactions: SupraTico

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way I failed to mentione I have Euro glass lenses.

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
What kind of rims you got?
Polished? If so, it could go either way.

My dark anthracite grey 95 had chromed housings and I painted them satin black.
As long as you keep the rims/bezels around the lights chrome you should be pleased with the outcome. It looks better to me.

Just my .02

David

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
NYC93-2JZGTE just got his 98's done all black without the chrome rings and let me tell you that just looks way hot. Me and him came up with that idea to do 98's since have not seen any without the crome rings. Will try to post some pictures.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts