Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on the list? I was dropping my wife off at JMU and saw a Black
MKIV Supra turn off RT 11 and go towards Miller Hall. I was the guy
waiving wildly in the white MKIV with the targa out. ;)
I had not seen another MKIV Supra in the "burg" since Ryan and Dave
sold their cars.
Wayne

· WSM Owner
255 Posts
That was Prob me the only other MKIV iv seen besides mine was a red hardtop that a guy that works at the sheets off of S Main drives i use to work with him in staunton at sheets but he transfered to the burg and i got a better job. I work in the burg at RMH i didnt notice anyone waving lol sorry. I picked the car up in miami abut 3 months ago for $10,000.00 with 180,000 miles on the engine.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was definately you then. You must have headed for the
RMH parking deck. The guy with the Red Hardtop is Ryan, but
he sold his recently. If you get a chance, come by the RMH
Library next Tuesday between 2-4pm. I am the Business Development
manager for CommonWealth One FCU and I come out there every
3rd Tuesday. Thanks for responding.
Wayne

· WSM Owner
255 Posts
The guy that has the red supra now is some guy that works at sheets his name is Chris he must have bought it from ryan im not sure i know the red hardtop he has is a 5 speed Non-Turbo. actualy i think he had the red hardtop for almost a year. But yea ill stop in and say hi how many MK4 are close by id like to eventualy get some meets and some events put together maybe we could all meet up and head out to the summit point race track for a day of play with the 2JZ's lol.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that must be Ryan's old car. He worked at Sheets also until
he graduated from JMU. There are very few MKIV's in the area. A
couple in the Roanoke/Va Tech area and a few around Richmond.
The largest concentration is around Northern Va and the Beltway.
There are quite a few there and some good meets.
Wayne

· WSM Owner
255 Posts
That cool so i take it you live in harrisonburg then?. Is your car a TT that was converted to a Single turbo? im in the process of swapping my non turbo to a JDM GTTE and converting to a single turbo. So were are the meets usualy held id like to meet and get to know some supra owners in the area and learn more about the Supra MKIV from other owners and see what all they have done.

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That cool so i take it you live in harrisonburg then?. Is your car a TT that was converted to a Single turbo? im in the process of swapping my non turbo to a JDM GTTE and converting to a single turbo. So were are the meets usualy held id like to meet and get to know some supra owners in the area and learn more about the Supra MKIV from other owners and see what all they have done.
Yes, a TT converted to a single. Wow, that is a significant project. There is a
member in Maryland that did a similar conversion "Jimbow" is his username.
He could probably give you some insights. He is selling his Supra, here is the
ad and his contact info:

FS: 95 Single turbo 6spd, Black with tan int.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is your First & Last name? Jim Thiess
What is your email? [email protected]
What is your phone number? -Optional:
What is your City? : Glen Burnie
What is your State? : MD
What is your Zipcode? : 21061
-----------------------------------------------------
Ad Description:
------------------------------------------------------
This is more like a feeler guys. I just want to see what kind of interest this car draws.
The car was originally a non turbo 5spd car. I bought it from a fellow member. Wtih the intent on building a very nice street car. I have since converted it to TT drivetrain, Diff,axles,driveshaft are al brand new ( 0 MILES ON THEM) The motor is an aristo 2JZGTE with about 45K on it. I have replaced all of the seals, gaskets, belts, hoses etc. on the motor. changed the oilpan to the rear sump, just like the supra. I have installed a boostlogic 67mm DBB turbo and boost logic turbo manifold. Both are brand new. brand new Sound performance fuel system, with 720cc injectors. full 3in exhasut eystem. with HKS super dragger muffler. New black carpet inside the car. HKS VPC and Apexi safc. ruff racing wheels ( they were on the car when I bought it) with new BFG kdw's upfront and YOKOHAMA's in the rear. I know im missing some things. I just cant think of them right now. for a more complete list email me at
[email protected]
the car needs nothing. Im going to start it tomorrow for the first time. the only reason im posting this is to see if it draws any interest. And honestly Id rather drive a truck and have a muscle car for a project . I Need to get at least $30,000 IN ORDER TO SELL IT. please email or PM for more details... thanks Jim
Im going to compile a list of everything done to the car tomorrow. Everytnhing has been done right, no short cuts. I bought the best parts I could afford. and wanted the most reliable car I could build.

· Supraddict
1,745 Posts
The guy that has the red supra now is some guy that works at sheets his name is Chris he must have bought it from ryan im not sure i know the red hardtop he has is a 5 speed Non-Turbo. actualy i think he had the red hardtop for almost a year. But yea ill stop in and say hi how many MK4 are close by id like to eventualy get some meets and some events put together maybe we could all meet up and head out to the summit point race track for a day of play with the 2JZ's lol.
I met your friend from Staunton a few years ago, its a funny story. I was in my friend Ryan's car and we were sitting in a lot off Port waiting for a few more friends and Chris drove by and saw us so he came in. Ryan and Chris both had '95, hardtop, red, 5 speeds, they both worked at Sheetz in different towns and they even looked sorta alike, it was so eerie we were all kinda slack jawed and until that day they never knew of each other. Ryan's car went to a guy in MD I believe however.

I saw your car up at Hyperfest in the spectator lot. Like Wayne said there were more MKIV's around a few years ago, JMU had 3 NA's and one TT auto...there is a student with a single'd auto that I've heard of but its not in the 'burg. There are however a lot more turbo MK3's around that I've seen and met.

My friends and I have pretty regular small meets now and then if you ever feel like stopping by.

Wayne, did Ryan ever tell you about the '98 IJM 6 speed that came into the dealership a while back? Apparently its a local car driven by an older gentleman and it was supposedly one of the last 3 sold in the states or something like that...

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I met your friend from Staunton a few years ago, its a funny story. I was in my friend Ryan's car and we were sitting in a lot off Port waiting for a few more friends and Chris drove by and saw us so he came in. Ryan and Chris both had '95, hardtop, red, 5 speeds, they both worked at Sheetz in different towns and they even looked sorta alike, it was so eerie we were all kinda slack jawed and until that day they never knew of each other. Ryan's car went to a guy in MD I believe however.

I saw your car up at Hyperfest in the spectator lot. Like Wayne said there were more MKIV's around a few years ago, JMU had 3 NA's and one TT auto...there is a student with a single'd auto that I've heard of but its not in the 'burg. There are however a lot more turbo MK3's around that I've seen and met.

My friends and I have pretty regular small meets now and then if you ever feel like stopping by.

Wayne, did Ryan ever tell you about the '98 IJM 6 speed that came into the dealership a while back? Apparently its a local car driven by an older gentleman and it was supposedly one of the last 3 sold in the states or something like that...
Hey Dave,
A '98 Imperial Jade Mica? No, Ryan never mentioned it. A 6 speed as well huh, I
would like to get my hands on that one. Ryan only has eyes for Vettes now. :)
Is your Supra officially gone Dave? That IJM would look good in your garage
as well.
Wayne

· Supraddict
1,745 Posts
Hey Dave,
A '98 Imperial Jade Mica? No, Ryan never mentioned it. A 6 speed as well huh, I
would like to get my hands on that one. Ryan only has eyes for Vettes now. :)
Is you Supra officially gone Dave? That IJM would look good in your garage
as well.
Wayne
Mine should be on its way to Alabama at the end of the month. Haha...I think it'll be a while before I can step into a MKIV :chicken: Gotta see where life takes me after graduating!

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine should be on its way to Alabama at the end of the month. Haha...I think it'll be a while before I can step into a MKIV :chicken: Gotta see where life takes me after graduating!
The heck with that Dave. Pick up that beautiful '94 Alpine Silver MKIV
from VIP while you are on the left coast and drive her home. :)
Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.