Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Supra Sighting: January 30th 10:45am

Black Supra with no Tires or Wheels on a flat bed tow truck going south on interstate 15 just before Deer Springs Road (just north of Escondido).

As I was driving by the tow truck, I noticed it was a Supra on the flat bed. It was already too late to slow down as I passed the slow moving tow truck. I wanted to get a better look at the Supra but someone was right behind me. I am actually glad I didn't slow down and trail the tow truck as 30 seconds later I saw in my rear view mirror a very large piece most likely from the body fly up in the air off the Supra. The piece was about 4-5ft wide and 2-3ft tall. I am just letting whomever owns the Supra know as to where you may find your missing piece if it is still intact. The tow truck driver is probably unaware of what happened.

·
VP of anti-SSS
356 Posts
Bro that was my car....where exactly were you on the 15 that was my targa top???

·
VP of anti-SSS
356 Posts
Deleted post found top

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,367 Posts
Oh shit

·
VP of anti-SSS
356 Posts
Yea yesterday was not a good day. Mike (twincharge) was able to find the targa top this morning in the rain.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,551 Posts
That'll buff out :hide:

Was the targa not bolted down? Center lock unlocked?

And we all want to know why it was being towed with no wheels.

·
2,275 Posts
Ouch, its $1200 for a new Targa, I feel your pain. I bought my Supra with a damaged targa, it was a pain to find another one for less then $700 used.

·
VP of anti-SSS
356 Posts
Hey guys,

Well as some of you know the car has been sitting since 2008. I blew the motor at SILV 2008 and its been sitting ever since. Recently due to some problems at the shop, I was lucky enough to have the chance to tow it home. With the help of some SD North County guys I'm hoping to get it running by SIV 2016. The ENTIRE motor, suspension, brakes, and engine bay have been completely redone and are all brand new. Here's a teaser pic -

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Administrator
8,797 Posts
Very nice, I've had not one but two Targa tops destroyed by body shops transporting my car. The first one was never found, the second was and was repaired. I literally laughed and cried both times.

Matt

·
VP of anti-SSS
356 Posts
Yeah w/o pointing fingers...it wasn't bolted down. I've never taken the tops off. I have a few leads on a used top and hope I can source one. The headliners have been discounted for awhile.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Omg that's terrible! Glad to see the car is coming back to life though!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Bro that was my car....where exactly were you on the 15 that was my targa top???
It was on Interstate 15 South right before Deer Springs Road but after Gopher Canyon Road. The Targa top landed in the middle of the very far right lane. I would be surprised if someone didn't run it over. I am sorry to hear it was your Targa top. Hopefully you are able to find it still intact.

Sorry for the late reply and the outcome. I am also sorry for not stopping and trying to recover the Targa top but I could see in my rear view mirror several vehicles swerving to not hit the top. It was most likely going to be a total loss by the time I got back to it (getting off and back on the freeway). I also didn't want to freak out the tow truck driver by trying to wave hime down.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yea yesterday was not a good day. Mike (twincharge) was able to find the targa top this morning in the rain.
I have never met Mike Carwin but have heard amazing things. That's awesome that you guys can help eachother out. Hopefully I can meet you guys in the furture.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Almost had the same thing happen to me. Drove away from a body shop after getting my car painted and the Targa started jumping around once I hit about 50 mph. I held on to the top and pulled over. Not 1 part of it was screwed in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts