Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn.. I got scared... I installed the bleeder T and took the car around the block for a drive.. anyways... first run spun my wheels in 2nd gear and hit 1.4 bar.. wow ..

then made another run and hit 1.2 bar...

and the only way I regulated the boost was to let off the gass...

anyways... this definitally shows me that I need a real boost contorller... not this kind of thing... not very reiable..

any comments...?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think I could have done anything bad, or since I only made 2 runs like this Im okay.. as long as I dont keep this kind of stuff up... hmm?

Thanks, ohh btw Im auto too!

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
Do you think I could have done anything bad, or since I only made 2 runs like this Im okay.. as long as I dont keep this kind of stuff up... hmm?

Thanks, ohh btw Im auto too!
You should be fine as long as you are not trying to do this everyday. It's winter time, boost levels will rise with the oncoming cold. You have be careful about that.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i suggest a electronic boost controler ..blitz(dsbc or sbc-id) or greddy .i like them both ..the apexi unit is realy good if you understand how to use it (most people here dont like it !
but if i had to rebuy a boost controler i would mabe get the apexi one )

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you could also use an MBC. hallman type between first turbo nipple and waste gate actuator works fine. set it and it holds fine. haven't noticed any boost creep either. solid on setting. I built mine out of ~$20 of Grainger parts. Or you can buy the kit for around $80.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im curious why people are against the APEXi AVCR... besides that it looks cool... I heard that it fails or makes some clicking noise...

another thing..if the controller fails.. do you overboost, or not boost at all...?

So once again... I should be fine even though I ran high boost like that twice...

Thanks guys.

·
10,459 Posts
well my friend has it on his car here is the link
http://www.to4r.com/members/rogermarquez.html
and hes the guy who made me a beliver in this unit as well as another member here krymfighta who also has it and the unit works great in both cars you just need to learn how to understand it the unit does some of the things that the blits SBC I-D Boost Controller needs the Power Meter I-D to do !
again its a great unit from what i have seen if i had to buy a boost controler again this one whould be on the top of the list !

·
Registered
171 Posts
Apexi AVC-R

I believe that the reason most people here at supraforums.com don't like the AVC-R is because it is rumored to not work that well on a sequential turbo setup. I have personally never used it so I cannot confirm this to be true.

I believe that the AVC-R is supposed to work just fine after the TTC modification, but again I cannot confirm this to be true either.

I would have bought the AVC-R if all electronic boost controllers were created equally because I happen to like the way it looks, but I’m going to go with function over form on this one.

SpdRcr0: Where in Los Angeles are you?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm... depending on money issues, I am leaning toward the Blitz.... or for that matter the EVC iV

Yes, I am in the los angeles area.. actually in Encino.

·
10,459 Posts
the apexi unit works perfect on the supra twins ...ask krymfighta
he uses it also on his stocker !

he can tell you how to tune it properly!

you cant go rong with the blitz unit !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts