Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to do the bleeder T mod with stock dp? I am planning to get a new dp soon but i was just wondering if i could perform this mod while i have stock dp. Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Ray745 said:
Is it safe to do the bleeder T mod with stock dp? I am planning to get a new dp soon but i was just wondering if i could perform this mod while i have stock dp. Thanks
I think first of all is BCC or FCD,
and i prefer to have boost controller instead od Bleeder T,

but i did bleeder T on my supra, just for a month, and i am gonna change all that when going single, and it's great for raise the bpsi for short time only.

so, dont run too long on bleeder T before u got boost controller if you dont plan to change your turbos.

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I agree dzeiler.

Especially when you consider that the stock waste gate is weak and will boost out of control in cooler weather even with a boost controller.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Its just not always safe without a boost controller in Michigan weather... I killed 2 sets of twins this year because of that... but I had a downpipe :D

Oh well.. they were only temporary until winter anyway... I wanted to drive the car before winter so I needed to do something... now im saving my pennies for a single :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
dzeiler said:
I ran a bleeder T for 4 years without a dp it is safe period.
I just suggest to raise the boost using boost control instead of the bleeder T itself, because sometimes it will raise the boost too high for stock twin for long run,

and i donot wanna know if bleeder T itself will not run long, just like FCD and BCC, many people ruuning FCD many years without problem even though people suggest BCC,

anyway take your own risk!

·
boost is good
772 Posts
dont do ghetto free mods, just splurge and spend 100 bucks on a hallman manual boost controller. i ran it for about 6 months and hardly ever had too much boost creep on stock twins with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts