Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...i finally got my car on the road after a year of saving money n spending it on body and paint n interior (all stock-no rice)...but anyways...i installed my autometer boost gauge, n was only runnin like 6 pnds steadily...so i said f*ck it, lets see what happens, n i threw a bleeder T on it with no BCC (comes in on thursday) i know i was gonna hit boost cut which i accepted...but as i popped my hood after a few mins of driving it with the bleeder T on the second VSV hose i was hitting like 13.5 pnds...now i see a tad bit of oil on my VSV hose n inside the bleeder T which leads me to believe its coming from the VSV hose...what could this be? are my turbos going or what?

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
wait, you were only running 6lbs??! thats WAAYYY under stock dude, completely stock you should AT LEAST be somewhere around 10lbs...

-mike

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Remove the bleeder T and find out why you are only boosting to 6psi, otherwise you may be masking symptoms by boosting to 13.5 psi with a bleeder T.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^ Agree with what was said above. 6 psi is boosting too low for stock. You should see 10-11.

·
Registered
967 Posts
check for leaks first and foremost. There are MANY threads that will show you how to do this. Also, something that is kind of uncommon that happened to me and only allowed me to run 6psi stock was my wastegate vsv was no good. Try testing it, there are also multiple threads and mkiv.com shows how to do that. The wastegate vsv bleeds air away from the brass actuator (wastegate actuator). Therefore the more air you get away (bleeder-T) the more boost youll make, so make sure the vsv is good, if its not opening I can see why you only make 6psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts