Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a sequence when you bleed the lines. front left then .... etc.

my dad says when you do the lines you want to do the shortest fist then the longest.

thanks
matt

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
start with driver side rear , Passenger rear , driver front , Passenger front. Its what iv always done. Havent heared anything diffrent.

·
Registered
240 Posts
nj94supratt said:
is there a sequence when you bleed the lines. front left then .... etc.

my dad says when you do the lines you want to do the shortest fist then the longest.

thanks
matt

NOOOOO exact opposite... farthest first.... like what the last guy said...

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,121 Posts
usually its actually the opposite of what your dad has said. You want to bleed the line furthest from the master cylinder first, etc. till you get to the shortest line (drivers side front)

so the procedure would be

RR, LR, RF, LF

·
11,221 Posts
PhasTsupRa said:
start with driver side rear , Passenger rear , driver front , Passenger front. Its what iv always done. Havent heared anything diffrent.

You got the driver's and passenger's side confused. This is the sequence:
1. passenger's rear
2. driver's rear
3. passenger's front
4. driver's front
5. optionally bleed the abs (search on that whether you are tt or na)

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Lol mike , i been drinking..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Also when you bleed,
have the person pump the brakes a few times then hold the brake down.

Open the bleeder and when fluid stops running out, close it.
Have them release the pedal.

Repeat several times.

·
11,221 Posts
Oh yea forgot. I bough speedbleeders. They are expensive as shit @ 13 apiece. I was in a rush so I bought it from them. I was able to find them on eBay for like $15 for a set of 4 though.

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did it twice all the way around. the pressure got better but it still isnt where it should be
if i pump the brakes once the air fills up, but the first time doesnt have any pressure.

I might look into those speed bleeders which one did you go with michawlvanle and do you keep those on your car perm. do you have to cover the end with a vac line or something of the sort

·
11,221 Posts
nj94supratt said:
I did it twice all the way around. the pressure got better but it still isnt where it should be
if i pump the brakes once the air fills up, but the first time doesnt have any pressure.

I might look into those speed bleeders which one did you go with michawlvanle and do you keep those on your car perm. do you have to cover the end with a vac line or something of the sort

Go to speedbleeders.com and you can search for your car type. It depends on whether you have an NA or TT as I believe they have 2 diff bolt patterns. I permanently put mine on. It also helps if you buy their vac lines and a "ziplock bag". You can do it totally by yourself.

·
SupraCop
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i ordered the speed bleeders. and I bleeding line and the bag. 42.00 priority.
It said they come with dust covers too so I should be fine. did this clear up your problem.

·
11,221 Posts
nj94supratt said:
i ordered the speed bleeders. and I bleeding line and the bag. 42.00 priority.
It said they come with dust covers too so I should be fine. did this clear up your problem.

Yea, the problem I had before was air keeps going back in. We bled it twice and the pressure still wasn't as firm as we wanted it to. After getting the speedbleeders, it was great. You can literally do it yourself.

Just remove the 4 stock bolts and install the speedbleeders. Then crack it open about 1/2 turn, install the vac line to the bolt and the other end to the plastic bag. Then turn on your car, and start pushing on the brake pedal slowly. About 4 push should be good. Then go to the next one. Just be sure you keep refilling the reservoir.

The nice thing about this thing is it's a one way valve. Fluid goes out, but air doesn't come back in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts