Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up..the other day me and a friend put new brake pads in my car and we wanted to replace ALL the fluid with new fluid...we have a vacuum pump that we use for bleeding..we hook the hose to the nipple and start pumping and all the fluid comes out until we start to see new fluid...everything went well...then my friend said that i should bleed the brake distribution valve...he showed me that it is done the same way..hook up the vacuum to the nipple and brake fluid should start getting sucked out...but for some reason i couldnt suck a drop of brake fluid out of the valve..i was wondering if this is normal or is my brake distribution valve clogged or something...

ok any input would be good..i want to know if i have a problem or something with my brakes..they seem to be fine no problems and the regular bleeding at all 4 corners went very easily..just cant get any fluid to come out of the valve under the hood..

ok thanx in advance
Ant

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
I have never bled brakes from there nor is there any reason I can see to bleed that. In all honesty I can not tell you if you should or shouldnt bleed your brakes from there but I dont think there is a reason since you can pull the brake fluid from all four caliper bleeders. If your brakes feel fine there shouldnt be anything wrong with the valve and they very rarely go bad on any car.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SJ said:
I have never bled brakes from there nor is there any reason I can see to bleed that. In all honesty I can not tell you if you should or shouldnt bleed your brakes from there but I dont think there is a reason since you can pull the brake fluid from all four caliper bleeders. If your brakes feel fine there shouldnt be anything wrong with the valve and they very rarely go bad on any car.

well that was the issue..i did bleed the brakes at all 4 corners..bled them till all the old fluid was out and the new fluid was in...so we decided to try and get all brand new fluid flowing throughout the ENTIRE system so we wanted to see if we could get new fluid through that valve..but we couldnt even get 1 drop to come out of that valve..is this bad?? is my distribution valve clogged??

or is it normal to not get any fluid from there??

my brakes feel fine and are a little more responsive with the new fluid... but this worried me me a little bit..

anyone else know anything about this?

thanx
Ant

·
2,112 Posts
if you pulled new fluid out of all four bleeders then your whole system has all new fluid therefore no reason to bled the distro valve. like I said I doubt you can bleed from there to begin with.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SJ said:
if you pulled new fluid out of all four bleeders then your whole system has all new fluid therefore no reason to bled the distro valve. like I said I doubt you can bleed from there to begin with.

hmm i guess your right...i saw a nipple and thought possiblly there was some fluid in there...same as my friend...i wonder why they would put a niploe like that on it if you cant even pull fluid from there??

Ant

·
2,112 Posts
you got me...ive never even looked at it in all honesty but i know for a fact that there is no manufacturer that lists bleeding the proportioning valve...you bleed the brakes at the calipers...that ensures you pull the fluid throughout all of the lines.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
The nipple is there to bleed air from in case you open the system. If you're just flushing the fluid there's no need or point to opening that nipple.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ubermensch said:
The nipple is there to bleed air from in case you open the system. If you're just flushing the fluid there's no need or point to opening that nipple.
ok good..thanx
i was hoping that it wasnt clogged or i had a problem but now i know flui isnt supposed to come out..

thanx
Ant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts