Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
supra love
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just put on mkiv rear breaks and i'm guessing now that the fluid level went a little too low in the reservoir because i've been bleeding the breaks for a long time and it still isn't working. if you pump the breaks it feels firm, but if you let it sit for 10 seconds then pump again the pedal feels extremely soft. if there was air in the master cylinder it would have bled out by now right? what about if there is air in the abs unit, how do i bleed that?

i hate this i was so excited about these breaks and now problems, why did i have to do this at night when i couldn't see the fluid level good!?!?

any one got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
make sure you're bleeding in the correct order or you'll be bleeding forever. for non-abs cars, it's right-rear then left-rear (abs is the reverse). Are you doing that? Also, how much fluid have you added? I go through at least two things of brake fluid when I bleed my brakes.

·
supra love
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah bleeding in th correct order and no more air bubbles coming out, but still soft peddel. but if you listen under the hood, sounds come from the master and the abs, which makes me think air but i guess it could just be the fluid. not sure so i'm droping it off late tonight to get it pressure bled in the morning.

thanks guys

·
Registered
320 Posts
make sure you have the calipers on the right side's. make sure the bleeder is at the top of the caliper. if its not then switch sides.

·
supra love
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn it! my friend told me to put the bleeder at the bottom cause "it doesn't matter if the bleeders on top or bottom and that way the fluid won't get on the caliper as much when you bleed it"

time to go try. THANK YOU!

·
supra love
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hope your not laughing at me :(

i've never done breaks before, but i had that feeling when i was puttin them on that the bleeder should go up like the stocks did. i even had the line screwed in but he suggested i put the bleeder down; shouldn't have listened, oh well live and learn. works perfect now.

thanks again. makes sense now. how could the caliper fill up if the bleeders on the bottom. wish i would have taken the time to think about it before, i would have had some nice highway pulls last night with my friends talon on built motor w/ 37r.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
slap him for me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts