Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've only just begun running blended gas full time in my own Supra, but I know there are some really big ballers out there that run on 95-100+ octane all the time. Mucho props to you guys for living the dream!

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I blended 92/100 for a dyno day and really decided that it was time to always run higher than pump octane whenever I could (short of a true road trip). I hadn't driven the car since doing blending fuel last, and today went after work to buy a really high quality racing fuel jug and 5 more gallons of 100 octane. So, I've pretty much decided that I'm always going to run blended octane (minimum of 94) full time now, cost be damned. Keep in mind I don't drive my Supra that much and this will sound a lot less impressive! ;)

I doubt I'll ever be one of the big dogs running 100 octane 24/7 short of hitting a Lotto windfall, but I'm sure that there are others out there who may feel similarly to me, and I'd love to hear your stories also. 100 octane unleaded costs me about $6.69/gallon at the nearest place to my office, so it's definitely not cheap in my neck of the woods...but the added performance and peace of mind that comes from higher octane is one sweet deal!

Come on...let's hear from the true badasses that run higher octane than this all the time. :)

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Usualy you will get a cheaper price if you go with the unleaded stuff, ie: around here, unleaded 100 octane is the same price as leaded 112.
Also, to really feel the difference, reset your ecu right after you put some good gas in there, thats when the power will come to life.
ps, i use 93+112 to get about 103 and its waayyyy cheaper than using strait 100. I can buy strait 100 for 5 bucks a gal, after i mix the race gas and 93 I end up paying about 3.50 or so for 104

·
Registered
707 Posts
I used to get 104 unleaded for a resonable price in Fresno last year. I would mix it with the standard shitty 91 octane gas and with 100% meth injection could really trun up the numbers to run well over 650 rwph on the street at all times. Made for some wild and crazy nights. I have also added leading 110 to the 91 piss and done the same thing at the expesive of the FJO O2 sensor. Results were even more power. However normaily I drive around with just 91 octane in the tank and 100 meth injection and it nets me 570 rwhp at 21 psi on a dyno jet. I have friends that will go up to 26 psi on 91 and 100% meth alone. I've done it on a dyno but don't trust it that high on the street with 91 and 100% meth. Whatever, you can get anway with a lot with mixed fuels.

Bill P

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
I feel for you Steve out there on the west coast, out here in NY we can buy Sunoco 94 octane for like $2.79 a gallon anytime :)

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
We can get 101 unleaded at the pumps here for $2.99 a gallon so that is what I run all of the time. It's good stuff and lets me run 22psi all of the time.

Steve K.

·
I'm back!
6,710 Posts
3:1 ratio of 100 octane to 93 Octane when BPU. For single, it will be straight 100 octane to run 21-22psi of boost.

C16 Straight to run 20-30psi of boost.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
93 + 112(104) blend here even though I just have the
stock twins. I had to put straight 93 in the other
day and cut the boost back. Sucked. That torque
hit the little twins give you at high boost in the
mid-band is very addictive. 112 is only $4.25 here.
Guess I will be going to pick up a jug later today.
Wayne

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
Due to the upped compression caused by the Arias pistons, and my low boost being set at 17 (sometimes lowers due to warm weather.) I have to run a mix of 94 and 100/110, around here 110 is just as much as 100.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Here is good ole springtown, Mo. I can only get 110 at a moments notice. It changes $, but generally it's between $4.5 and $4.99 a gallon. hasn't hit $5 yet.

I usually throw in enough to give me a average of 100 octane when I want to go out and play. About to install my Meth kit.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a bad idea at all to mix 112 leaded (in smallish quantities) with 92, as the price is about the same. Do you feel that a small amount of leaded gas won't cause supernatural wear on the O2 sensors? Clearly I would be running mostly unleaded gas no matter what, but this would strengthen the blend a lot. :)

Steve T.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
100 octane unleaded costs me about $6.69/gallon at the nearest place to my office, so it's definitely not cheap in my neck of the woods...but the added performance and peace of mind that comes from higher octane is one sweet deal!

Come on...let's hear from the true badasses that run higher octane than this all the time. :)
That sucks. 101 is $4.25 a gallon near my house and the price doesn't change. For some reason race gas prices doesn't go up and down like pump gas.

Anyway, I've been mixing half and half 91/101 for a while now. You can definitely feel the difference - turbos sound a lot better and scream louder.

I don't know if it's just my imagination but when I use 100% race gas, gas mileage is lower than pump gas. Anybody notice that?

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let me know...would love to see you!

1badsup said:
Everyone's busy but we are doing well. I'm going to Alaska in June and might go to Seattle for a couple of days.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts