Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just blew out my big turbo yesterday. I was wondering if anyone from atlanta, ga knows about a good place where i can send my turbos to get them rebuilt....please help

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
www.tunedperformance.net - call them up (770-971-9180)

They are selling Modified Twin Turbos that have never been used....talk to them about them, and If you don't want to buy the twins, maybe they can lead you in the right direction...

Try to speak to Mikey or John...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apu-dawg said:
I just blew out my big turbo yesterday. I was wondering if anyone from atlanta, ga knows about a good place where i can send my turbos to get them rebuilt....please help
are these stock turbos? your name leads me to believe your not running the stockers

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
Sorry, don't know any shops in Atlanta, but I was extremely happy with the rebuild from Turbo City (they are local to me so I chose them). I put about 20,000 miles on that turbo before I sold the car, everthigns still running great, no puff of smoke in the morning, nothing. You can find out how to get in touch with them at www.turbocity.com

If you're just blowing smoke, it's probably rebuildable. If you're getting death whine, it's toast and not rebuildable. If you plan to keep your car on the stock twins for a while, I would recommend buying some tired stock twins cheaply (with no damage other than being tired or leaking oil) and send it off to them for a rebuild before installing them. The charge about $300 for one turbo, $500 for 2.

-Mike

Apu-dawg said:

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
FYI - both turbo's are the same size, there is no big turbo/small turbo

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
asdf

someone in the for sale section is selling some modified twins..

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your help

To everyone who gave an input....Thanks. You guys help me out a lot. Hopefully it should be running in about a month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts