Supra Forums banner

Blinkers not functioning

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Dumeinao 
#1 ·
Hi so my blinkers have been out on my 94 mkIV turbo for years.... hazards work and left blinker works but if I click the right blinker the flasher makes a horrible noise and it doesn’t work..

84329-14030 looks like the part number to the blinker switch but it’s dicontinued..

Not sure if I should buy a celica or corolla headlight multifunction switch and try to sway the part over and hope it works? 😐

#2 ·
Are you getting a bZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound? If so, its either a bulb or the wiring to the turn signal has a flaky connection.

I'm working through the same issue with my MK3. The wire that goes from the tail light to the side rear marker light is sensitive. Literally with the blinker on, if I move it just a bit it goes from click click to bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and back to click click.

I think your switch is probably fine.

#10 ·
I had been checking the front harness.. took out the right rear taillight and the harness had oil all over the wires and there are 2 wiretaps not sure why they are there... hopefully that is the issue...
part of the problem is previous owner put all kind of city lights and strobe lights all over the car... I took it all out after I bought it, but all his hacking at the harness worries me

#11 ·
I've read several articles on the site that mention guys chopping up that front harness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.