Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Curt

I have done a search for this but there is no definite answer. Since you are working in Toyota, you probably can help. Here it goes

The O/D light on my dash has been blinking a code 89 since few months back. I have tried resetting ecu but to no avail.

Any idea what is code 89? Someone in the forum has mentioned it is 2 separate codes but i dont think so.

My car is a 93.5 mkivTT japspec

Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
speedracer: Thanks for your reply I have tried those and has even changed the odo but the o/d still blinking. The error code is 89

Curt: you want my email address?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Curt, for the file, its a loose connection to the TRAC ecu.

BTW the package ordered from you arrived yesterday. Thanks for the Jaguar box though ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
roliks: The TRAC ecu is the one beside the main ecu under the passeger footwell

However, I have heard about the TRAC and ABS ecu too which is located behind the stereo inside the dash.

·
Banned
977 Posts
Thnx guys I'll check to see if this is my problem..

And I was getting ready to swap trannys.

You may save me some $$.. if you guys do I am buying you both dinner! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Curt Aigner said:
Trac And Abs Ecu Are Located On The Passenger Side Footwell Area

You mean is the other way round? Trac ecu is behind stereo then?

If thats the case i may be getting somewhere. See I have checked the ecu at the passenger footwell and secured the socket to the ecu a few times, reset the ecu.... but that damn o/d is still blinking never ever as merry.

I have not check the ecu behind the stereo... I hope i will find some loose cables this weekend. Finger crossed

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
roliks: Let me know if your problem is solved. BTW What tranny are you putting into your monster. I have been considering a BL built tranny with a 3200 stall.

·
Banned
977 Posts
ATM just a stock tranny and Converter. I will how ever be upgrading to a TH400 with over drive this winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts