Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of picking up a automatic 1jzgte soarer Blitz access ecu from Japan and need to know if it will work on my 5 spd 1j? What are rev limiters raised to on the Blitz ecu's? I also have a choice of getting a 1j soarer KS ROM ecu as well. Folks in Japan seem to prefer the KS ROM to the Blitz?
Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
427 Posts
should be fine. KS ROM is more popular because of the easier access to yahoo auctions vs. the blitz ecu's where you have to take it to an authorized blitz dealer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
aowe501 said:
I am in the process of picking up a automatic 1jzgte soarer Blitz access ecu from Japan and need to know if it will work on my 5 spd 1j? What are rev limiters raised to on the Blitz ecu's? I also have a choice of getting a 1j soarer KS ROM ecu as well. Folks in Japan seem to prefer the KS ROM to the Blitz?
Any thoughts anyone?
As long as you have a Soarer harness, it should work fine. Where did you find the computers? I'm interested in getting one for a freind.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yea I think you need a soarer harness, and the A/T ecu is tuned for the car to be downshifting when u are lugging the motor and in low rpm ranges on load......... their will be big flat spots in the timming curve.... it will run your car but it wont be optimual unless ur always downshifting keeping it in the mid to high rpm range.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i just put the most information that i knew in the 1JZ FAQ b/c it's a pretty popular question/issue.

HTH,

Bryan

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
I have one for sale.. make offer status, I have not posted it in the FS section.

These ECU's are the bomb.. IMO the best thing next to going full standalone. Mine is tuned for 550's, no speed cut, rev cut is 8900, 5 spd. I really want to hang onto it, but if the right offer came along I would let her go.. with tears.. haha

·
Registered
227 Posts
MattOneDime said:
I have one for sale.. make offer status, I have not posted it in the FS section.

These ECU's are the bomb.. IMO the best thing next to going full standalone. Mine is tuned for 550's, no speed cut, rev cut is 8900, 5 spd. I really want to hang onto it, but if the right offer came along I would let her go.. with tears.. haha
Is this for a supra or a soarer? And how much?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
MattOneDime said:

Yeah... that ECU is the SHIT!!! John actually tested it out for me b/c it was mine a LONG while back. John was so happy about it that he didn't want to give it back so i sold it to him.

Buy this so Matt can get his AEM project underway...

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
junior1j said:
does anyone know what the actual specs on the blitz computer for the jza 70????
UMMM... they're all different.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Like a fat kid on a cup cake, I'm all over that ECU.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Blitz Access. already got dibs on it though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts