Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I swapped my top pipe on my stock tt's with a greddy type-s on it for a blitz ss bov.

The first thing that I noticed is that it sounds like I am having compressor surge. I loosed the valve, but I am still getting it.

Can any one offer any ideas? I never had compressor surge with the Type-S, and I am using the same vacum line :)

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well... I think it only happends under half throttle driving...

i.e- I did a wot pull on low boost to 14 psi and it released with a pshhhhh and no compressor surge

NastyOutTheHole: I swapped the type s for a blitz...

I'm just curious if this is normal... I think I'll try loosening the spring a little more.

(It sounds like an hks ssq)

·
Registered
598 Posts
quick question does the compression surge sound like a tie fighter sound (star wars)? I think I have it with my apexi twin chamber kit..... I only get it at half throttle too... 3rd gear around 40- 60mph with 7 psi of boost.

I let off....the throttle.... no bov sounds (stock or apexi) and just the wooooooo.

Replacing my apexi for an hks ssqv.... prolly welding the flange on the turbo to fender pipe near the turbos. Will that solve a compression surge problem?

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Mike, compressor surge goes like.........cha..cha..cha...cha

I have the same problem with my Blitz, you will just have to learn how to control it.

Jason

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
there is nothing you can do about it the HKS SS BOV is known for making some compressor surge on stock twins...
just like hot soup said you just need to learn how to control it...i have it on my bpu 6 spd and i notice that it only does it when i let off the throttle while i wasnt under boost...in other words...only if i am still showing vacuum while i am pressing lightly on the throttle and let off do i get the surge...if i go into boost slightly it wont do it..i will get the signature HKS chirp as i call it

they say compressor surge is bad for the turbos which is true but what about if it only does it lightly..does it do much damage??

anthony

·
Banned
763 Posts
J-

I was getting surge w/ my DD and I loosend up the spring on the BOV, and Viola! No more surge....

Try that...

J

·
Registered
247 Posts
My Blitz will stick sometimes so I just spray the piston with lube and go for a ride. Sticking fixed.

·
Almost quick..
747 Posts
Make sure you guys have a good, solid vacume source to the BOV. If your running too small diameter line, or too long or it will not equilze quickly enough.

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
where's the best place to run and "T" the vacuum line? My Blitz BOV is on my intercooler pipe by the air filter, and the vacuum is run across the car to where the intake manifold is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts