Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all!

2day i got my new DSBC ID 'n' POWER METER ID in.

so what do u thing are the best settings for:

max. 1.40 bar

SET:?
GAIN:?

LIMITER:?
RATIO:?

i tried those setup 4 my first startup run:

SET: 20
GAIN: 15

LIMITER: 1.25 bar
RATIO: 10

max boost was 1.25 bar.
but this is the normal boost with my mods:(
but i noticed the the boost comes up very slow.

my mods:

BLITZ AIR INTAKE
BLITZ NÜR SPEC R
RMM DOWNPIPE
TRD SWAYS
and lots of other mods...

thx 4 your time and kind regards
marcus

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just recently installed the ID on my buddies supra...we set the gain at 35 and it seemed to show better results. Also becareful of your limiter setting. It will actually retard your boost. Also, you can change the boost pressure units from Bar to PSI.

Good Luck.

REDBLITZ said:
hello all!

2day i got my new DSBC ID 'n' POWER METER ID in.

so what do u thing are the best settings for:

max. 1.40 bar

SET:?
GAIN:?

LIMITER:?
RATIO:?

i tried those setup 4 my first startup run:

SET: 20

LIMITER: 1.25 bar
RATIO: 10

max boost was 1.25 bar.
but this is the normal boost with my mods:(
but i noticed the the boost comes up very slow.

my mods:

BLITZ AIR INTAKE
BLITZ NÜR SPEC R
RMM DOWNPIPE
TRD SWAYS
and lots of other mods...

thx 4 your time and kind regards
marcus

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after some testdrives 2day i found my optimal settings:

SET: 60

LIMITER: 1.40 bar
RATIO: 100

max. boost peaked at 1.34 bar

max. RWHP 383.00 at 192 km/h

regards
marcus

·
Registered
23 Posts
What "RATIO" are you setting to 100? Do you mean your boost is set at 1.4Bar and your Limter i set at 100?

On the "Warning" menu the "LIMITER" is a boost reduction function and the "BOOST" is the actual set limiting boost pressure.

If you set your Limiter to a ratio of 99 or 100 that will reduce your boost level back to stock pressure when you hit your set "BOOST" pressure.

I am just trying to learn more about this new controller, so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

:)

REDBLITZ said:
after some testdrives 2day i found my optimal settings:

SET: 60

LIMITER: 1.40 bar
RATIO: 100

max. boost peaked at 1.34 bar

max. RWHP 383.00 at 192 km/h

regards
marcus

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you r right!

i set the limiter GAIN at 100 - that was made for security reasons, cos' on my first steps i wasn't sure how the limiter will works for me, so i set it 2 a secure level.

now i set the gain at: 50.

b4 i do the DSBC i had have the Bleeder-T mod, and that was very dangerous for the turbos i am boosting at max. 1.50+ bar:)

note: that my stock boost level is max. 1.25 bar, caused by my mods.( RMM 3", NÜR SPEC R 3", AIR INTAKE, BLOW OFF, etc... )

hope that helps
marcus

p.s.
yesterday i made another testdrive on the "Autobahn( germans unlimited speedways )" and everything works fine - i drove the car at 265 km/h for about 20 mins and my OIL TEMP was stable at 130-133 C. i am sure i could go to the 300 km/h barrier. my friend mac has done this several times b4 at 305 km/h and there was space left 4 more*g

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but some thing i have been noticed is that when the air have under-inflation the BLITZ unit shows a higher output than my VDO boost gauge do.

eg.

VDO GAUGE shows: -0.7 bar
BLITZ DSBC shows: -0.3 bar

on positive pressures both show the same level.

can u confirm that?

regards
marcus

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have used blitz products before and I have notice that sometimes the boost pressure reading is off by maybe 1psi but not as great as .4 bar....that is a major difference.

It might also be due to where you tapped into the intake manifold to get your boost readings for the DSBC and the VDO. But the only difference you should see is a lag on the boost pressure on one of the readings.

Hope this helps.

REDBLITZ said:
but some thing i have been noticed is that when the air have under-inflation the BLITZ unit shows a higher output than my VDO boost gauge do.

eg.

VDO GAUGE shows: -0.7 bar
BLITZ DSBC shows: -0.3 bar

on positive pressures both show the same level.

can u confirm that?

regards
marcus

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn... i was thinking about getting this ebc but this sounds hard as hell to use. Is it really that hard guys?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
get it - u won' t regret it!

well on the first time it may be a bit confusing to use, because u can't interact with real bar/psi pressure. but after 2 days it becomes very easy to use and it worked great above this u can messure realtime HPs.

but the very best thing is the looking of both units*ggg

regards
marcus

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not worth it if you only get the SBC I-D unit without the Power Meter I-D. Basically if you don't get the power meter I-D with it the functions will be just like the regular Blitz DSBC.

But if you get both the SBC I-D and the Power Meter I-D it's worth it.

TVRsupra said:
Damn... i was thinking about getting this ebc but this sounds hard as hell to use. Is it really that hard guys?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts