Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After bringing the car home, I've finally gotten to play with my DSBC and learn to use it. Now that I know what I'm looking for, I've got no real time and peak readings (always zero), and no matter what the gain or ratio is, I'm only getting ~11-12 psi. Did I accidentally turn it off? Is there something I missed? Any ideas are welcome...

Mike

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
Even if it's off you get peak and real time boost readings. I'd double check the lines to the stepping motors, etc, make sure they're not crimped or loose.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
I did that before I posted. I may replace them for the hell of it. The "In" is connected to the top of the turbo housing, and the "Out" is connected to the wastegate. Thats right isnt it?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
It's your connections to the DSBC's pressure sensor, not the stepping motor. The pressure sensor should be T'd into a vacumn line in the area around your injectors close to the firewall. I forget the exact hose, but it's the one we used to use for the "Free Fuel Cut". Then check your electrical connects for this sensor and also the connect going to the main unit. The DSBC will not function AT ALL unless it gets a correct manifold pressure reading and well you're not getting a reading so that's the problem.

You're only getting 11-12 psi because that's what your car gets when the boost controller is off. I assume you're getting this reading from a standalone boost gauge.

John H

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
Thanks John. I have absolutely no experience with this unit and as far as I knew the pressure was read from the stepping motor box, so when I get back to the States I'll take a look. And yeah, with no readings what so ever from the DSBC I was getting my readings from a manual gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts