Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to turn up the boost on the blitz dual sbc? I'm currently at 10psi, but I want to turn up it up to 16 psi. Should I do anything to my car before I turn up the boost?

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
what do you have done to your car already? Do you have any of the routine BPU mods done yet? http://www.mkiv.com/faq/faqtt.html

If you don't have a BCC installed you will hit fuel cut a little over the stock boost level. After you take care of this fuel cut issue, then just turn up the "set" on the Blitz a little at a time and see where it boosts to. The "gain" can stay at about 20 based on my experience with my Blitz SBCiD which reacts about the same as yours.

PS: also read this which has setting suggestions near the end: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an apu supra with supporting mod.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
increase the "ratio" a few percent at a time until you hit 16 lbs.

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
increase the "ratio" a few percent at a time until you hit 16 lbs.
How do I increase the "ratio", I'm I supposed to hold or press down on a certain button?

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
How to set ratio is in the link I posted above. This is from that:

Tuning:
Set the gain to 5 by turning the MODE knob until 1234M is displayed. Hold the MODE knob until 1234M blinks, then dial the VOLUME knob to 5. Press the MODE knob to lock in the setting.
Note that I inadvertently set the gain to 60 one time and this caused pre-ignition (detonation) in my car because the boost was coming on too quickly.

You have four preset boost levels you can program (plus stock boost level when the unit is set to OFF).
To program each boost level, turn the MODE knob until the desired boost preset (1 to 4) is displayed. Hold the MODE knob until the preset (1-4) blinks. Rotate the VOLUME knob to the desired boost level (0-100). Note that this represents a ratio (0=stock boost, 100=maximum boost possible).

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How to set ratio is in the link I posted above. This is from that:

Tuning:
Set the gain to 5 by turning the MODE knob until 1234M is displayed. Hold the MODE knob until 1234M blinks, then dial the VOLUME knob to 5. Press the MODE knob to lock in the setting.
Note that I inadvertently set the gain to 60 one time and this caused pre-ignition (detonation) in my car because the boost was coming on too quickly.

You have four preset boost levels you can program (plus stock boost level when the unit is set to OFF).
To program each boost level, turn the MODE knob until the desired boost preset (1 to 4) is displayed. Hold the MODE knob until the preset (1-4) blinks. Rotate the VOLUME knob to the desired boost level (0-100). Note that this represents a ratio (0=stock boost, 100=maximum boost possible).
Yea, my old school labtop couldn't displayed the page. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts