Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at my JDM supra this past weekend, and was wondering what ECU it had. I was surprised. It has a BLITZ ECU.

Is this normal? or did the past owner in Japan get this from BLITZ?

i have a few other friends that have jdm supra tt's and they all have oem ecu's.

Anyone ever hear about BLITZ doing an ECU for the supra? i've searched all over the web and can't find anything.

· Super Moderator
14,072 Posts
This was a pretty common thing to find in 'tuned' Supras and other cars in Japan through the mid-late 90's.

Blitz offered their 'Access' ECU remapping. Sard offered the 'Analyse' ECU remapping and Mine's had their own 'VX-ROM'. Some other companies also did similar things. At the end of the day its a remapped stock ECU. With Toyotas such as the Supra its a bit more elaborate to modify the stock ECU than with say, Nissans or Hondas where a ROM could simply be replaced. So it's less common to find such remapped ECU's for Supras, but finding them for SR20's or RB's is pretty easy.

Regardless of the source, typically these ECU's are remapped with what is usually called a 'boost up' tune. This remove the boost cut, speed limiter, and sometimes raises the rev limiter and makes minor fuel/ignition timing map changes for high boost levels on the stock turbos and injectors.
They could also remap an ECU for larger injectors and big single turbos, etc, but I haven't seen or heard of many of those. Usually advanced modifications like that were left to different engine managment piggybacks or standalones.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was a bit surprised. was always wondering why my car ran 1.25 bars. i had a wiring and volt problem and got that fixed, and car feels like a new beast.

Once i get the AEM, i'm goign to try and sell the blitz ecu. any ideas what i can get for it?

Raised boost to 1.25 bars, and raised rev to 9k or 9.5 k. can't remember. i never run my car that far up anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.