Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full blitz nur set, but when im driving it hits the rear dif case or brace w/e what can I drap the exhaust in that wont burn of put on those brackets to stop the rattle?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
are you driving around with the silencer in? The only way my nur spec rattles is when i have the silencer on

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Suprajjang said:
are you driving around with the silencer in? The only way my nur spec rattles is when i have the silencer on

It rattles(rubs) against the subframe next to the diff. because the exhaust is slightly too long for the 7m downpipe. The nur spec was originally designed for the 1jz car. There are two ways to fix this problem. The first is to cut the exhaust and weld it back together 1 inch shorter. The other method which I did was to slightly bend the hangers and add an extra brace from the exhaust to the chassis. Has not rattles since.

- Steve

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
hmm thats wierd. When i have the silencer out, it doesnt rattle at all

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine rattles too. but it only happened when i took out the brace at the trani. i put it back on and now it doesn't rattle. i don't know how yours is like but that might help.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Supra Junky 101 said:
Mine doesn't move at all, or rattle for that matter.

Isnt yours on a 1jz car? lol :)

NJsupraA70 said:
It rattles(rubs) against the subframe next to the diff. because the exhaust is slightly too long for the 7m downpipe. The nur spec was originally designed for the 1jz car. - Steve

MK3Brent said:
DEI Heat-wrap will not burn, and if you're lazy you can just make a cushion out of it.

Dude thats ghetto.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx guys, gunna wrap and bent the hangers, it hits the little backet under the drivershaft too! thanx!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts