Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so I'm tryin to figure out what intercooler to buy... and I was thinking about the 4 row greddy... but then I saw the blitz that was just a little bigger... and I love blitz soo... now I'm on the blitz... I started shoppin for diff prices... and theres a huge difference between sites... Suprastore has one that retails for $1550 while MVP has one that retails for $2260... so I went to the Blitz site and saw that they only had one that was $1550... so did they discontinue an intercooler or whats the case because I would love it was that big of an intercooler for $1550... but it seems too little... thanks ahead for any help...

B

·
0 Posts
I purchased a Blitz intercooler from Dusty at MVP back in August. Origanlly I paid 1,875.00, but after two months of a wait Dusty told me that the intercooler was discontinued but they were coming out with the new model soon (the 1,550.00 one). This one is a little bit smaller than the older model, but I went with it anyways. Its a great intercooler, although SP had a little bit of trouble on the install. The piping didnt fit and they had to round off some edges and use a little force for it to work. I've had it for two months now, and love it. By the way it sits a little high, it sits on a little stand that raises it up about 1.5". Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. [email protected]

-matt

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
502 Posts
Anyone install an older blitz model, I should be starting my install within the next couple weeks.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i just installed the new model blitz unit

i dont like the fact you

a.need to cut a bigger hole in the inside engine compartment near the opening for the blitz unit to fit the pipe in correctly

b.have to cut your bumper to give it room to fit correctly

c.battery if biggerthan an optima or stock (length wise)cant be used since the overflow resevoir tank they give you is shaped like a milk container almost (needs a smaller battery or the toyota small overflow resevoir tank)

d.and also when you go single you need to cut a pipe to be able to use the pipes they gave you ..i whish this unit was like the greddy unit !

for the extra 150 -200 buck the greedy cost
its well worth the money to avoid the head aches this blitz unit gives you .

note: this is for the new style blitz fmic the LMCV

the unit loks clean not but if you take this to a shop to do get ready to pay alot to have it installed!
this is how big the whole had to be made if you follow the instructions your be in big trouble best to look at this pic and learn from it if you get this unit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts