Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the K26 KKK's in place of the ct12a's? I know blitz makes a kit, and was curious how many here are sporting them.

I saw BIC has his own setup...but it's not for sale eh?

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Blitz does indeed make replacement K26's for the stock CT's. They run about $2600 for the pair. I had mentioned them a long time ago to others, but no one seemed very interested in them. I would think they would be a nice upgrade coupled with supporting mods like a nice y-pipe and such.

- Chris

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I saw that one too and did some price comparisons to going single.
I came close to that price for going single, ( A good Desirable turbo is amost 1200 dollars, ebay single mani is about 400 , external wastegate 2-300, oil and water lines, new IC piping etc can all add up for someone who knows no fabwork)

Above maybe a few hundred less, but these twins would be awesome.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
My guess is that these would be good for someone who wants to be around 400whp with near stock spool characterisics. My thoughts are these would be pretty awesome for someone who wants the nice broad powerband the stock twins offers and wants to keep the car relatively stock.

I'd personally love to try a set on another car. I just have to talk my wife into letting me get another one :)

- Chris

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
My guess is that these would be good for someone who wants to be around 400whp with near stock spool characterisics. My thoughts are these would be pretty awesome for someone who wants the nice broad powerband the stock twins offers and wants to keep the car relatively stock.

I'd personally love to try a set on another car. I just have to talk my wife into letting me get another one :)

- Chris
Thats the reason I was looking into it. It has Stock characteristics and my car is a daily driver anyway. I don't need 500 hp to get to work.. lol

I have to take my wife on vacation before I can look into buying a set like that for my car ... lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have twin K26s on my Aristo GTE. All custom, using turbos from 1986 Porsche 944.

Unlocked convertor with the stock JDM auto and 2400 (?) stall it dyno'd 333rwhp at 14 psi. I need to dump this automatic and get a BCC. Looks tits though. I have pics posted up here a few places.. do a search in the drifting forum to check it out. The Porsche K26 is stable to 1.8bar and I'm running roughly half that right now.. so it should do what i want easily once i up the boost. Will pick up a resistor and usdm 550s first though.

oh.. best part? I have under $500.00 in both turbos.. newly rebuilt. Full spool by about 4000, but will drop that with tuning on a Power FC when i find one.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Epik said:
I have twin K26s on my Aristo GTE. All custom, using turbos from 1986 Porsche 944.

Unlocked convertor with the stock JDM auto and 2400 (?) stall it dyno'd 333rwhp at 14 psi. I need to dump this automatic and get a BCC. Looks tits though. I have pics posted up here a few places.. do a search in the drifting forum to check it out. The Porsche K26 is stable to 1.8bar and I'm running roughly half that right now.. so it should do what i want easily once i up the boost. Will pick up a resistor and usdm 550s first though.

oh.. best part? I have under $500.00 in both turbos.. newly rebuilt. Full spool by about 4000, but will drop that with tuning on a Power FC when i find one.

I saw some of those for sale but not sure if they are the same ones as the Blitz ones. Did you HAVE to make your own Manifold???? I don't suppose they would bolt to the stock ones, that would be too easy hahaha.
Im curious to see your conversion definitely will look up those pictures.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Everythings for sale for the right price!!!!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I made adaptors for the turbos. Utilizing the stock manifold. Also running dual 38mm Tial wg's that are recirced. It is not the normal big power Supra typical setup the way i have it, but I built it to emphasize lowend and mid range tq. It does exactly what I wanted it to do.. we'll see how the top end plays out once i get rid of the auto tranny and get a BCC. Should be pretty good at about 22 psi... possibly in the 500's

I'll find some pics of the construction process for those interested.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Pics

pic is worth a 1000 words.. so there's 6k for you.

** ignore the vac lines from the wg to the comprssors in the first pic.. brainfart.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hellz yeah! That's exactly what I was thinking, some adaptor plates. Was going the same route on my 3000GT before I dumped it.

Thanks for the pics :)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Dang dude,
Thanks for the pictures. thats awesome. Im saving them for reference. Do you have any higer resoluion , bigger pictures since these are resized. I would like to see more detail .

Oh yeah and more technical info on that adapter plate would be awesome.
Email to : [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
I'm running twin k26's they make amazing power, kind of laggy but again I made the lag worse with cams, and not tuning out my car properly yet.

Basically maxed my injectors (550) at 22.8 PSI
Dynoed 523 on a hot pull. (no cool down)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
ZaZZn said:
I'm running twin k26's they make amazing power, kind of laggy but again I made the lag worse with cams, and not tuning out my car properly yet.

Basically maxed my injectors (550) at 22.8 PSI
Dynoed 523 on a hot pull. (no cool down)

You are? So there are more guys running these , just keepin gi tdown low. haha.
I for some reason always thought you had a bid ass single on your car looking at that HP numbers....

Nice.

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
Epik said:

pic is worth a 1000 words.. so there's 6k for you.

** ignore the vac lines from the wg to the comprssors in the first pic.. brainfart.

DUDE that's freaking PIMP!

I've got a pair of k26's off of a porsche if anyone wants to buy them. I was gonna do the same project on my 1JZ, but since went with a 2JZ bottem end, and a single GT40

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
perf0rmance said:
DUDE that's freaking PIMP!

I've got a pair of k26's off of a porsche if anyone wants to buy them. I was gonna do the same project on my 1JZ, but since went with a 2JZ bottem end, and a single GT40
Joe.........lets talk on those turbos please . You know I want to stay true to the twin turbo setup :) or else I will have to take the rear molding off . lol
Moe

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm going to try running a pair of mitsu 14b turbos, just make some simple adapters, and run the internal gates. Nice thing about it will be I can just slap in 16g, s16g, 18g etc... with almost no work :) 14bs are so cheap, if igure they gotta be better than a ct12a, and I can play around with antilag and not worry about blowing up an expensive turbo.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
airbats801 said:
I'm going to try running a pair of mitsu 14b turbos, just make some simple adapters, and run the internal gates. Nice thing about it will be I can just slap in 16g, s16g, 18g etc... with almost no work :) 14bs are so cheap, if igure they gotta be better than a ct12a, and I can play around with antilag and not worry about blowing up an expensive turbo.

I was going to use 14b's w/ TD05 plates on my 3000GT before I sold it. 14b's are cheap, but they tend to crack :(

I'm liking this thread already. Zazzn, when are you seeing spool w/ your current cam configuration?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts