Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the 'unknown' eBay manifold as seen in this thread: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275265 . I picked up a 50mm HKS racing s/s wastegate as well. The adapter is just tack welded as I need to make sure that thing clears the sub frame/engine mount (it’s huge!). Some may notice the lack of the wastegate valve... I went ahead and disassembled it for ceramic coating. I just bolted the top cover on to get an idea of how it will sit. I started sandblasting the manifold but there is still a lot that needs to be done. After blasting and cleaning, it will be polished up on the buffer. Enjoy...

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Pretty bad ass... the stone mountain wastegate looks EXACTLY like HKS's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy with it...

Ckanderson said:
Pretty bad ass... the stone mountain wastegate looks EXACTLY like HKS's
If you look at the Stone Mountain 50mm it has the bolts through the top vs. the studs on the HKS 50. They also have a rectangle inlet vs. the HKS square inlet. It looks like they use the 40mm inlet casting flange pattern with the 50mm outlet. I have never used the Stone Mountain so I can’t knock em... Just thought it was odd that they didn’t replicate em exactly.

SM 50mm

Vs.
HKS 50mm

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Sweet...

You can tell the Blitz by the hand bent pipes, rather then welding little pieces of piping together.

Truly a race setup. The T3 flange will promote fast spool up. What kind of power are you looking for.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
hows the fitment gonna be on that bad boy? looks sweet man cant wait to see it all together, any word on what turbo yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My goals are 400s (450?) on pump and closer to 575 on race gas. Planned turbo is gt35r which comes from Garrett with a t3 inlet... I am looking to have a nice, wide power band to play with :). Still have a long ways to go before I get near that goal though. I am unsure about coating or bracing at the moment. I am a sucker for the polished SS look… The bracing would be easy for me to make, but many times the bracing can be more detrimental than beneficial when the unit expands from heat. I need to do more research on the matter first.

Correct me if I am wrong in my thought but a t3 should not be a problem flow wise as long as the wastegate can adequately bypass enough gas? The turbo is rated 400-600 hp so I assume that Garrett put some thought in exhaust housing flow capacities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts