Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've searched, and I have a few questions that I am left with....

Is there an annoying drone with this exhaust? Half the people say it's louder than the Ti, but half say it's not. Any previous owners of both care to chime in please?

Also, would you take this exhaust over an Apexi GT spec, if both can be had for relatively the same price? Thank you!

First MK4 lol, just trying to clarify things!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ive had both. Id way that the Blitz is louder than the Apexi. I prefer the sound, subtileness at lower rpm, and agressiveness without being annoying at higher rpm of the Apexi. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I've had both as well. Started off with a Greddy PE, decided that wasn't loud enough so I got the Blitz. If you are on stock twins in SEQ then it is not so bad, but when I went TTC it is loud and does drone a lot. I swapped it out with a GT spec this year and couldn't be happier with it. No drone, nice tone and still sounds great when you get on it, although not totally in your face.

Blitz is a good 50% louder than the GT spec.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had both as well. Started off with a Greddy PE, decided that wasn't loud enough so I got the Blitz. If you are on stock twins in SEQ then it is not so bad, but when I went TTC it is loud and does drone a lot. I swapped it out with a GT spec this year and couldn't be happier with it. No drone, nice tone and still sounds great when you get on it, although not totally in your face.

Blitz is a good 50% louder than the GT spec.
So you would recommend the gt over the nur spec? Even in seq is it absurdly loud ?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
my friend has blitz nur spec and it is loud at BPU level ! i have apexi GT and its sounds good, the cops won't look at you .

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
So you would recommend the gt over the nur spec? Even in seq is it absurdly loud ?
In Seq it is not so bad and doesn't drone nearly as much. If you want an exhaust on the bit louder scale, then Blitz in seq is a good way to go. Don't get me wrong the blitz sounds great but I wanted to be able to have a conversion when just driving around, GT spec is good for me. all depends on what you want/expect.
This all assumes you are running a catless DP.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I have had both and the Blitz Nur Spec is MUCH louder than the Apexi GT. I don't care for loud exhausts so I prefer the Apexi Gt.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In Seq it is not so bad and doesn't drone nearly as much. If you want an exhaust on the bit louder scale, then Blitz in seq is a good way to go. Don't get me wrong the blitz sounds great but I wanted to be able to have a conversion when just driving around, GT spec is good for me. all depends on what you want/expect.
This all assumes you are running a catless DP.
So like listening to music and talking is quite hard with the Nur Spec even while daily driving?

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
I dont like the Blitz for many reasons the small size of the pipe used and the loud sound it makes. I have the Apexi N1 Evo and I am very happy with its tone and larger pipe than the Blitz. I would get the Apexi over the Blitz any day... Search the used section there are some good deals from time to time on used good condition exhaust systems... both are cat backs... do you plan to get a Down Pipe as well?

·
Glad to be back
2,179 Posts
Apexi' GT spec here also. I love this exhaust because its 3.75 inch and its not super loud. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the blitz on a 95 NA and its pretty loud. It does drone pretty loud between 2800 and 3500 rpms but ive gotten used to it. :) As for the Apex, i have never owned one but judging by the videos on youtube its quite a bit quieter than the blitz. If you dont mind the attention from everyone including police and you want something loud and throaty even from a distance then i like the blitz. if you want more modest sound with still good tone and performance then go apex.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-0FVykvX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOsOq5hKQo

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
The Apexi is larger pipe then the blitz.... but the blitz is just loud and sounds like crap IMO.

·
Registered
152 Posts
my friends 67mm is running blitz Nur spec, it sounds great imo, def NOT louder than an HKS ti though which is 4'', blitz is 3'' i believe

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
Yes the Blitz is a 3in and the Apexi is 3.75in

·
Registered
782 Posts
i have an apexi gt with a 67mm single turbo still 50% quieter than my hks carbon /ti
not loud on dd still sound deep and great when on it best exhaust out there imo

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just bought a Nur spec in AWESOME condition for a steal of a deal! Thanks guys :D!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts