Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one that goes to 300kph. Is the extra speed just tacked on? Or does the gauge it comes from read completley different?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Pretty sure it's scaled slightly differently, but I *think* you should be able to get enough adjustment out of the stock one to get it to read accurately with the blitz face plate.

The speedo won't fit the LHD cluster, so yeah, you'll have to stick it onto the LHD speedo.

I think it would work relatively well.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is an ebay auction. It states in the auction "Will fit onto USDM Speedometer with No Problem". Is that true? How do you adjust the speedo? I appreciate the info Jeff

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
It will fit the USDM speedo without too much issue. The adjustment is as follows:

·
Registered
627 Posts
hey jeff, thats awesome man.... does that adjustment work for increasing/descreasing relative speed on the speedo gauge??? my speedo is not reading accurately, can it be adjusted from there?

how would one calibrate a speedo anyways? without driving 100+mph and asking the cop how fast you were exactly going? LOL

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Some other form of measuring ;).

Dyno, GPS... something.

Also yes, if your odometer is reading correctly, but your speedo is not, that's the adjustment you need to adjust.

If you odometer is wrong, your gearing is off, and should be fixed.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
There should be odometer tests setup somewhere on the side of the road, usually 5 miles or so, at least there are around here and in places I've been in the USA.

Speedo drive/driven gearing, differential change, tire size, etc, can all change "gearing".

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have an off topic question...when I change my auto trans to an R154 next weekend is that going to change my speedo/odometer?

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info jeff. im not sure about getting it now. I will if the price is right.

zz_denis. Im guessing to tried to put it in and it didn't work out?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
No, zz_denis has it working, looks sweet! :)

I'm pretty sure I could get it in an hour or so, but I've changed my speedometer/cluster components about 10-15 times.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts