Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first high boost test today with my BPU (no +) Supra,

calibrated the speed and set the weight....

Set the boost to about 1,30 bar (19PSI)
Up on the freeway....60mph then flooring......pulls up to about 120mph....

Then reading....... 4 2 5 HP !!!

if this is RWHP i guess I did something wrong, or is it possible to have these figures with an auto tranny at just BPU, I think the wind was helping me a bit maybe it was pretty windy today and it was at my direction...does this affect the reading much ?

I have to test it at somemore roads to be sure, maybe the road wasn't compleatly straight, maybe it was a little downhill....

Please comment this...what figures do you other read out of your Blitz Powermeter ??

I was hoping for about 380RWHP .......

//
:cool:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Well on the highway you have cold, 100+ mph air rushing into the intercooler. :D Plus the engine has to push the weight of the car and overcome aerodynamic drag so it is under more load.

If the power meter is anything like the G-Tech it might be a little optimistic, but probalby not by much. I have beat V-8 cars badly on the highway with more RWHP than me, partially due to gearing and the Supra hi-rpm curve, but also partially due to the fact that the air is ramming into the intercooler. I want to get one of those SBC ids now! It's cool to see how much HP you can make in different situations. :cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx,

The air should have more affect on a FMIC than stock IC I think but maybe it helps even with the stock IC,

I have made some new pulls, in the first case the weight was set a bit to high due to that it was set with full tank of gas and I had only 1/2 tank when testing, so I changed that in the powermeter and find a straight line.....same procedure over again..

reading...4 0 1 Hp...

maybe this is more correct , I still think it's a bit high if you calculate at least 16% drivetrain loss it would be crank 403/0,84=477HP crank......in my world that´s A LOT!

All on swedish pumpgas....

It was cold in the air wich helped me I think...about +4 C I think it's about 38F but not sure...

//

1 - 3 of 3 Posts