Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Blitz powermeter,

I have the drivetrainloss set to -6 and the car weight set right.
How does this -6 affect the power reading? will -4show higher or lower

When accelereating with the AUTO tranny to about 110Mph my highest Hp according to the Blitz says 359, is this Rwhp ? if it's crank it's really bad I guess....

I was boosting about 17-18Psi peak in 3rd...and it feels VERY strong on 3rd gear...

And someone out there using the Blitz combo, please send me a PM I need some help using the speedmap.

Please give me some comments on these figures...

:cool: ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard it should be set 1 more for autos...but maybe I'm wrong..

Will -5 show me more HP or less?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should it be set for -5 in autos also??

will -5 show me more or less then the -6 settings ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone ??

Why do I have to set the drivetrainloss when the readings is showing me rwhp......??

M

·
0 Posts
2bad4U said:
anyone ??

Why do I have to set the drivetrainloss when the readings is showing me rwhp......??
That's not for drivetrain loss. It's compensating for the wheels potential to spin when launching. it's reading the speed sensor off the transmission. If You sit there and do a burnout it will keep reading even though you're not going anywhere. It calculates how long it takes you to go a quarter mile and using the weight and "traction" of the car it converts it to HP...that's why all wheel drives put 0. They dont really need to compensate for traction.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx,

It helps me to understand that it's not actually drivetrainloss...

But I don't really understand why it shall compensate for spinning when the power can be tested on a highway pull on 3rd or 4th gear.......I hope this is not just a setup for showing big numbers to make the owners even more happy....I guess I'm wrong..

:cool: :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
The number don't really mean anything except for comparison purposes anyway. It doesn't matter what number in prints what you really care about is before/after numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts