Supra Forums banner

Blitz SBC I-Color Wideband

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MtFujiSupra 
#1 ·
Anybody using the wideband sensor available for the sbc i-color? I want a wideband but I don't really want more gauges and shit in the car. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this setup. Thanks.

Justin

#3 · (Edited)
I use an upgraded version of what you get when you buy the Blitz version. BTW, as I'm sure you know, the Blitz offering is a PLX M-250. If all you need is a A/F meter, I'd go a different route. If you need boost and A/F, and considering where to put everything like you are doing, the PLX unit can be concealed and the iColor becomes your display. This is good for two reasons. One is that the PLX needs ventillation and two, the display can be positioned almost anywhere or stored away completly. PM me for more info if you need.

#4 ·
Thanks, I responded to your PM. So as you probably know, I already have the Icolor controller and would like to use it as the display for the A/F readout. I didn't know that it uses the PLX wideband. That being said, is there an alternative to buying the necessary components from Blitz that might be cheaper...for instance, can I buy components individually from PLX to hook up to this? Or should I just get the A/F component from Blitz? Thanks Richard!

#5 ·
Hey Justin- You can route the A/F output from a variety of units available. PLX devices work fine. Without getting into a this vs. that discussion, if the goal is just to output A/F, then the cost can be kept low. However, if a log file is needed (and who deosn't like data?) then you could opt for the logging type A/F units. If the end goal is a standalone of some sort, then you may want to think this through to the end. Thanks for your PMs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.